Pages

Friday, February 9, 2024

The End of Another Week

Can't believe it's Friday again! I had to keep reminding myself of it so I remembered to chat with sister. No sunrise this morning. It was grey all day. There is a dusting of snow on the ground, but nothing major. It just made the day a little blah. Baby A seemed to have another restless day today. She would only sleep for about twenty-thirty minutes before waking up again. We tried to keep her busy with some toys and rocking and just chatting to her. I think she wore us all out! They are all downstairs now trying to get her sleep where it's not as bright and it's a little calmer. Hopefully they will get some sleep! As it's Saturday tomorrow I've turned off my alarm as I shan't be getting up. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep in too!

I got some good news today while talking with my sister C. My other sister, D's husband has cancer. He was diagnosed last year and has been going through chemo and radiation. It had spread to his liver. But he got some good news today - the cancer on his liver has gone. He doesn't have to go back to see anyone about that for 3 months!  He has an appointment later this week to find out about the other area that had cancer. Hoping they receive good news regarding that too. He could do with some good news as there's been a lot of bad, his Dad dying in 2022, his Mum dying late in 2023 and him getting made redundant from the job he's been at for decades. 

Sister C also sent me some lovely photos she had taken on flowers she's seen out and about on her walks. She knows how much I like the birds and flowers and always makes sure to take plenty of photos for me. I'm so thankful for her. We had an okay relationship before Mum passed, but I'm really glad to say we have become good friends as well as sisters since. I think Mum would be pleased!

40/366 - how have this many days already passed this year? 



Sasha - is that baby crying again? She is quite curious when baby does cry but I think, at this point, she was wishing Baby A would sleep for a while! Made me laugh!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Do you have plans? I'm hoping to get out for a walk or two if my ankle holds up!

8 comments:

  1. What fantastic news - great rejoicing all round, I am absolutely sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sasha is probably reacting to the baby's crying as she would to a young puppy - it's instinctive.
    Encouraging news about your brother-in-law.
    Have a nice weekend. It's raining hard here . . . again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is lovely with the baby. I think SIL thought she wouldn't like another addition to their family (as they got a new puppy not long ago) but she really likes the baby.
      Hope the rain has eased up!

      Delete
  3. Oh I hope your brother-in-law receives all good news! The dog's face does NOT lie....have a nice weekend. I hope you get a walk in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the picture of Sasha - there's a certain look on her face!
    Glad to hear that your brother-in-law has received some good news about his cancer! Wish him all the best during the upcoming appointment to find out about the other cancer! I'm glad you have become closer to your sister C. I called and spoke with my half-sister, today, myself. Hope Baby A had a good night's sleep and will have a restful day and allow everyone else to have a restful day, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always has funny looks on her face. I'm so glad about BIL. I've been so worried. Cancer is horrible.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.