Pages

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day and ....

(here in the state anyway) National Library Lovers Day, National Give a Book Day and National Cream-Filled Chocolates Day. Who makes these up? Lol. I do like the library one and books one though. 

Well, it's midweek. I missed a day yesterday. The day started off well but by mid-afternoon baby was very fussy and by the time night came, well, we were all ready to tumble in the bed when it was finally time at about 11pm. I'm going to miss baby cuddles, especially first thing in the morning, but it will be nice to have no-one relying on me. I did the baby/children thing for a LONG time and I like it for a little bit, but not full time. I feel as though I had a lot more energy then ha ha. It will be really hard leaving though. I am looking forward to going back and getting started on some of my house stuff (never thought I'd say that!). I really need to make a list before I leave so that when I do get back I don't forget all the plans I had. 

Daughter and son-in-law went out to eat last week for Valentine's Day so they won't do anything today. SIL is bringing takeaway home for tea so we don't have to cook anything tonight which will be nice. 

Phone Photos Things That Make Me Smile 

44/366



So sweet. Yesterday morning while we were having our morning cuddles, Baby A held onto my thumb while she fell asleep. Such a sweet moment. 

6 comments:

  1. You will miss little A and it will feel strange to be back home. It's a good idea to write down your plans.
    The little hand holding your thumb is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies take a lot of energy, don't they? But, you will miss her when you go back! And your daughter is going to miss your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They take a lot more energy than I have. I will miss her terribly, but it's their little family and they have to get into their own routine. Daughter will still have 2 more months off work so she'll have time to work out things by herself. I'm sure she'll miss the extra naps!

      Delete
  3. Aww sweet little hand! Yes, soak the cuddles in! Also, I get that - good think I had my children young - I wouldn't be able to keep up now! A couple hours watching grands wipe me out. Ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I had mine young! They are all grown and I like having some time to just be me again.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.