Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sunday

Not a bad day today. I had turned off the alarm but still seemed to wake up around the same time. That doesn't mean I got out of bed right away! SIL is home at the weekends so I let the little family do their thing. They tend to stay downstairs in their rooms. Their house has two levels - the bottom level has 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a family room and laundry area. Upstairs are another two bedrooms, kitchen and dining area and living room. The guest room where I stay is upstairs. It's nice that we can both have some private area to stay in. 

Anyway, they came up a bit later and I got dressed and went out for a quick walk. It wasn't quite as cold as yesterday, but it was still chilly and windy. I did a little walk. The eagles were in the nest up by the Learning Centre today. I am hoping they are going to use that one this year. Even though the road on it is closed from March 1st to August 31 each year, you can see the nest really well from a small car park. It will be interesting to see if they have little ones there this year. When I spoke to the people in the shop at the learning centre at Christmas (it closes then until Spring) they said the nest hadn't been used last year. It will be great if it was!



This is the nest, and you can barely see the silhouettes of the eagles. This was my 49/366 Things That Make Me Smile photo for the day. 

In the afternoon Daughter and I took the baby to town. We went to the local independent craft shop. They are ending their loyalty program, and we had some points on there we had to use. Baby did ok, though she was quite hungry, and I had to feed her while daughter popped in the supermarket. 

It's almost 9pm now. I got the baby to sleep, and daughter fell asleep on the sofa. I'm not sure how long they will stay that way, but things are quiet for now. SIL is playing on the computer in the office and if the baby is still asleep when he goes to bed, he'll take her down with him. 

Hope everyone had a good Sunday!

10 comments:

  1. How fun to see eagles on their nest, that sounds like a nice Sunday. I enjoyed my day too, even in the windy stormy weather, because I went to my small group at church today, 25 people sharing friendship and Bible study.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where I live in Michigan there aren't many of them. It sounds like you had a really good day, spent with some wonderful people

      Delete
  2. It will be good if the eagles return. I watch the ospreys at Loch Arkaig (on a webcam) and they should be back in a few weeks' time. Always fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was closer to see them more often! There are several nests in this area. It's amazing to see so many of them.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen eagles in the wild. The last ones I saw were at Dollywood in TN last September, quite majestic birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really big birds. They have so many of them around here. I've seen several nests while I've been driving around.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day, Sharon; I hope the eagles will lay their eggs in that nest, this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping! It would be lovely to check back on them when I visit

      Delete
  5. I wish we had an eagle nest close by. My friend lives on a lake, surrounded by huge white pine trees, they have had nests on those trees. Enjoy your days with the baby and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are quite a few around here. I wish I lived closer. I know of one in my area in Michigan but it's hidden in the summer.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.