Pages

Sunday, February 25, 2024

Weekend Walks

I did manage to get out this weekend. It was all-in-all a rather pleasant weekend. Yesterday I actually made it out in time for sunrise. I had a little walk then when I came back daughter and I had an afternoon out by ourselves. We took a little look around some shops. Son-in-law took the baby to visit with his brother and his wife. 

Today, I stayed in bed for a bit extra. It was nice. When I did wake up, I read in bed for a bit longer. That was nice too! I went out for a walk later in the afternoon as son-in-law's mother and other brother were coming over for a visit. I could have stayed, but I would rather give them time by themselves. I had a long walk. By the end of it my foot was aching! It was colder than I thought it was going to be, but I had dressed for it. I think because the wind was blowing it made things a lot colder. I got back to the house after the visitors had left. 

I did have baby snuggles this evening. She fell asleep in my arms after her bath which was nice. I think she was a little chilly so sitting with a fluffy nana and snuggling under a blanket made her toasty warm. Son-in-law has taken her downstairs to bed in hopes she will stay there. Not sure how long she will last as it's about time to eat again! Hopefully they will get some sleep. 

Some phone photos from my walks













This bottom photo was my 56/366 Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile. 54/366 and 55/366 were photos of Baby A. 

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Was the weather good where you are? What did you get up to? 


12 comments:

  1. Wind chill can make a huge difference. Brrrrr.
    I'm sorry your foot was aching but it sounds as if it is getting stronger again, slowly. Hope so, anyway. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's getting stronger. I'm hoping once I get back to walking it will be okay.

      Delete
  2. The fiery sunset is magnificent. It looks so cold in your other photographs, but maybe that's because I'm feeling cold at the moment - must go and put some socks on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty cold. A lot of the ponds and lakes are still frozen over. It hasn't been as cold as it usually gets and for that I'm thankful!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful scenery, I expect you are feeling more tired being away from your own home. I'm sure your daughter has loved having you there with her and lovely for you to see your granddaughter so little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely area. I've enjoyed being here, but I am looking forward to being back in Michigan. I will miss my baby cuddles though.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like a lovely weekend. Also, very thoughtful of you to let the other grands have some one on one alone. It was sunny, but windy, here as well. Enjoy your next several days in MN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty good weekend. I just thought it would be nice for them to have some time alone with the baby. I get to spend so much time with her right now I just thought it would be nice for them to all be together.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you had a nice weekend and I love those photos! Looks like you saw some interesting cloud formations, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty nice. The clouds were fabulous! I love a good cloud day

      Delete
  6. we are in double digits here, it's very odd weather here in Southern Ontario

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's up and down here. Usually Minnesota is a LOT colder than this. I'm glad it isn't but it's still really unusual weather.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.