Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Almost the End of the Week

I can't believe how fast this week has gone! Yesterday we decided to go into town. Baby A was not happy. I sat in the back of the car with her, but she was not happy. She wasn't happy while we were out. We ended up just going a couple of places and heading home again. Of course, we hit every red light on the way back. I think her tummy was feeling a little off. She is very loud when passing wind/gas! We worked her legs and tried to help her tummy, but she wasn't happy at all. It was a very fretful afternoon and evening. 

Thankfully she was feeling a bit more cheerful today though her tummy was still full of wind. She did sleep today for a while. She does do better when she has had a nap! My daughter and her husband had haircuts this evening and then went out to eat afterwards. I told them they had better make the most of the built-in babysitter while they still have one! They were nice enough to bring me back some food. 

It's evening now and Baby A is still awake. I'm watching some Madame Blanc Mysteries on television. I'm rather enjoying them.  

Both my 52/366 and 53/366 are Baby A and family photos. I'm pretty sure they may be the ones keeping my smiles going until I leave. Instead, I thought I'd share a couple of photos I've taken with my camera during my walks. 



A juvenile eagle. 



One of the adult eagles





One of the many beaver lodges I've seen on my walks. I am going to definitely go check them out once the water has defrosted. 

Hope everyone is having a good week!


10 comments:

  1. The eagles are so graceful and powerful.
    Hopefully, things will ease for baby A when she reaches the three month stage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful birds! I'm hoping things will get better for her. Hopefully her tummy will settle down.

      Delete
  2. Poor Baby A! Her tummy's giving her a lot of discomfort!
    Love those photos of the eagles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're trying some leg moving and that seems to be helping! I love seeing eagles. They are such beautiful birds.

      Delete
  3. You know I am an old woman, and probably way out of touch with baby care so disregard this if totally out of line. When we had little babies, wasn't there an over-the-counter medicine to give babies with gas to help break it down? Looking back on it now, it was probably terribly inappropriate to give infants. Has the pediatrician offered any solutions? it seems such a shame to have her suffer so much. Might your daughter's diet be contributing to it? Just nosy old me talking.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any suggestions are welcome! Daughter is trying to change some things in her diet to try to help. Baby A has a check-up in a couple of weeks and daughter is going to ask for suggestions then. We have tried some drops, but have stopped using them now in case they are contributing to the problem! We have been moving her legs a lot and that seems to help. Hopefully, her tummy will settle down soon!

      Delete
  4. Poor thing, not much one can do to help with that...she has to pass it on her own. Love he eagle pictures! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope you had a great weekend. Moving her legs up and down seems to help a bit. You're right - she has to pass it on her own. She just seems so uncomfortable. Poor girl

      Delete
  5. Poor little mite. Hope she's more comfortable today. Your daughter and son in law will have their work cut out when you leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're trying some things that seem to be helping. I think I've helped out a lot, but it is time for them to try to get things sorted on their own. I know they'll be ok. It will just take an adjustment. At least daughter is all healed from the birth now.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.