Pages

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

It's Tuesday!

The days all seem to be blending together now lol. I've got a week and a half left until I go back to Michigan. I must admit that a bit of me will be glad when there is just peace around me. I'll really miss the baby and watching her grow, but I must admit that I like my quiet. We no longer have any pets and there aren't any children depending on us anymore. After years of taking care of others, I enjoy a bit of quiet. It will be sad to leave the baby though. I wish I was closer. She has changed in the seven weeks since she was born. I'm sure by the next time I'll see her in mid-April she'll have changed even more. 

Yesterday daughter had a dentist appointment, so I watched the baby while she went to that and ran a couple of errands. Baby actually slept a bit in the afternoon. Today she was a little more restless. She slept for a little while this morning but hasn't slept since and is now rather cranky as a result. She still doesn't seem to want to go to sleep. She's a little windy/gassy so we're laying her flat and moving her legs to hopefully get things moving. Poor girl. 

I'm already ready for bed and it's just after 7.30pm lol. I thought I'd have more time to do crafts, but those projects will probably have to wait until I get home. Hopefully, it will give me the motivation to get some of the sorting done in my craft room so I can have lots of space to work. 

I'm hoping I can reply to comments and comment on other blogs as I can't seem to stay logged into my blog account. Sigh. I've had this happen before and I know there's a way to solve it I'm just too tired to remember how lol. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 50/366

This was one of baby smiling. Such a joy. 

51/366

Sasha (black husky) is so patient sometimes. Sierra kept trying to get anybody to pay attention to her. When that didn't work she ended up trying to get Sasha to play. Sasha was not in the mood! But she didn't snap back. She put up with it just a tiny bit before jumping down and getting away from Sierra!



How is your week going? 

10 comments:

  1. I think you may just sleep for a while when you get home as you adjust.
    Lovely photograph of Sasha and Sierra. Older dogs can show great patience with young ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to just take a couple of days to breathe once I get home.

      Delete
  2. Doesn't time fly!
    I think I'd be ready to go home too. I'm a real home body, happiest in my own space.
    My week's going OK< thanks - just plodding on. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has gone quite quickly. I do like going away but if I'm going away I like doing things. It's been a little tough here when I haven't been out for a lot of walks. I've spent a lot more time in the house than I usually do. I have loved this time with Baby A

      Delete
  3. I understand exactly what you are saying. When I first became an empty nester, I asked a friend "how do you do it?" She said something I thought at the time was harsh "you get used to it and enjoy it." I now know what she meant. Yes, I love my family, kids and time with them, but when they leave or I go home - it's nice too.....eeek... So far, my week has been rather productive. I know it's still only February, but I've been keeping on track with things so far....(wink, wink). My daughter face times me with my grandson. It seems i missed so much when he was an infant, but now he is a toodler, he wants to talk to me. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I thought I would hate it, but now I rather like it. That's really sweet about your Grandson. I'm hoping that's how it will be with Baby A and myself. I shall try to get out there as much as I can and hopefully we can do some fun things together as she grows.

      Delete
  4. Aw, that picture of the two dogs is so cute! I know you are going to miss the baby when you go back, but, I am sure you'll enjoy having some time to yourself, as well. I hope baby settles down a bit more by the time you leave, otherwise, your daughter is going to be exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping daughter will be ok. My husband says well you did it with three of them! I'm not sure how. I suppose you just do. I hope she calls even if she just needs to talk to someone.

      Delete
  5. You've had such a lovely time with your family haven't you. I have heckuva job leaving comments as my signal is rubbish. I do miss the convenience of having broadband at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying it. Baby A is growing so much.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.