Pages

Monday, February 12, 2024

Catching Up From the Weekend

 It was a busy weekend here for the new family and I think they are all exhausted now that it's Monday! They went visiting family and showing off the baby on Saturday and then had friends (with 3 children) and a couple of family members over for Super Bowl Sunday. It ended up going late and nobody left until it was finished and then the baby had to be put to bed and settled. It was after midnight before we popped into bed, I think! I did take the baby for a bit this morning so daughter could have a few extra hours sleep. 

I had a bit of a walk Saturday, not much. It was a grey sort of day, my foot was hurting, and I was feeling rather blah. I ended up cutting things short and coming back to the house and just relaxing - the dogs and myself as the family was still out. Sunday was a better day. I didn't walk too far, but the sun was shining, and it was fairly nice out, so I stayed out. 

It was commotion when I got back to the house and I stayed in my bedroom until the guests had disappeared. American Football isn't really my thing and I didn't want to intrude on time with friends. It was nice just reading by myself for a while. Once the guest had left I did help out with the baby until bedtime. 

A couple of phone photos the sunset and my walk














The lake is still iced over despite the 'warmer' temperatures. 

My Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile project is still going strong. 

41/366 

One my favourite places to go while here in Minnesota is the Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge. It's basically just huge green spaces. It's where I've been walking as there are several trails and, in the summer, I like to drive on the wildlife drive that goes through some of the ponds and lakes on the land. There are several eagles' nests on the land and this is one by one of the trails you can walk in the winter (some of the paths are closed March 1st - August 31st). 



42/366 

This is another of those baby ones. Daughter and son-in-law finally got around to doing the baby's footprint and handprint. It was a lovely family moment. 

43/366

Even though today isn't over this scene really made me smile. At best Sasha tolerates Sierra, but for once she allowed her to sit close, even if it was just for a little while!



I have some blogs to catch up on! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. 

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs. It's sometimes difficult being with the family but not always quite of it, as far as friends are concerned.
    Sasha is accepting Sierra, on her own terms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I'm not good with new people as it is and I didn't want to be the only 'old' person there lol. Besides it was nice to just be by myself for a little while.
      Yes, I think Sasha is just accepting her on her terms. She wasn't very pleased when they did get Sierra but she likes playing with her sometimes.

      Delete
  2. That's how pup and grandpup are. The old dog merely tolerates the young one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Sasha always looks as though she's thinking 'why? why did you bring another one in?' Poor girl.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous photos. I'm very sorry your foot is still causing problems though. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is healing which is good. I know it's getting better I'm just trying not to annoy it more than I can.

      Delete
  4. Aw the photo of the dogs cuddled together is so nice, although, Sasha seems to be giving Sierra the side eye! :D Lovely photos of the sunset and the wildlife refuge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most times Sasha just tolerates the puppy. She didn't stay long after that photo was taken lol. It was a great walk! Nice to get outside for a bit

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos as always! I only watched the commercials. ahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.