Pages

Monday, December 20, 2021

Back in Michigan

 It was a long drive back to Michigan, but we made good time. I'm just really tired. It shall be an early night for me. Husband has to go back to work tomorrow and I have lots to do. I need to go for a nice long walk in the morning. I haven't walked for a few days (not a long walk). It will be below freezing here in the morning, but not as cold as where daughter lives. After my walk I am going out with MIL. Then I shall get some washing done, maybe some presents wrapped. I am running out of time!

I heard from my walking friend while I was away. She was leaving on Saturday to visit with her son in California for the holidays. I texted her saying I hope she had a good journey as snow was expected here in Michigan on Saturday. She let me know that she made her plane okay but then they had to sit on the runway for FOUR hours as they couldn't get something in the plane to work properly! She said that wasn't the worst of it though. On Friday while she was trying to get everything ready for the trip she missed the bottom step on her basement spraining her ankle and chipping the bone! So she is back in a boot! I hope she recovers quickly.

Today's photo - one I took a while ago, but I like the bright red cardinal and the snow. I think this would make a nice holiday card. 

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

  1. very nice... it would be a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a safe trip back home! Your poor walking friend! Hope she recovers, quickly! Love that photo of the cardinal! Yes, definitely holiday card worthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home.
    Yes, that photo would make a stunning card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long journeys always tire me out and that's without dealing with the weather conditions that you have. Glad you had a good time and have arrived home safely.

    Love the photo. I wish we had cardinals over here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.