Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Just a bit crafty

 Didn't sleep well again last night. This may be a little tmi but I wonder that maybe on top of feeling stressed and sad, some of it may be due to menopause. I've not had trouble sleeping much in the past but lately I feel as though after about three hours I'm awake more than asleep! 

I did manage a walk. It was bright and sunny this morning. We saw a few deer but no sign of the beavers this week. I had to go and pick up just a couple of food items that I needed and then I spent the rest of the time organising presents and wrapping up and starting a pile of the things we are taking to daughter's. We are going for a (quick) long weekend this weekend. We are driving on Friday (takes 10+ hours) will spend Saturday and Sunday (her birthday) there and will then drive back Monday (10+ hours). Fingers crossed that the weather holds for us and there is not a lot of snow. Temperatures in Minnesota will be colder than here. Daughter made me laugh as she told us to bring warm clothes. I know Minnesota is a little colder but it's not as though we live in Florida or somewhere like that. 

On Saturday evening daughter has booked us tickets at the Glow Festival at the Minnesota state fairgrounds. I think it has lots of lights and food and things. It will be interesting though I hope not too busy! On Sunday we are exchanging presents with daughter, her husband and his family. It is also daughter's birthday so we shall be eating cake!

I am feeling a little better than I have got their things sorted out and wrapped. I still feel as though I have a lot to do but that was a big job. 

I also finally took some photos of a couple of the little gift boxes I've made. I will fill with some sweets and treats. I even cleaned off part of the desk and prettied it up a little! I enjoy making these - they are fun to make and quite easy. 



10 comments:

  1. That's a heckuva drive you poor thing. Do you share the driving? I love those boxes they really made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually my husband does all the driving. He's far better than me at it and he doesn't seem to mind too much.

      Delete
  2. The gift boxes are cute! As for trouble sleeping, are you getting enough vitamin D? I know you walk just about every day, but, are you getting enough sunlight? Or, are you indoors the rest of the day? I hope you have safe driving conditions both going up to visit your daughter and coming back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hadn't thought about Vitamin D. It gets really cloudy here in my part of Michigan (some of it due to weather from the lake) and sometimes there isn't any sun for days.

      Delete
  3. They are lovely - do you have a pattern for them, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a pattern somewhere or a tutorial I watched. I shall try to find it and link it.

      Delete
  4. Well, have a wonderful time. I bet the light at the fair grounds will be amazing. If you like pizza a great place in Minneapolis is Pizzeria Lola - it was on food network, DDD with Guy. We've been there several times. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! If not this time, I shall be sure to look into going there another time. I'm hoping the drive will be pretty clear.

      Delete
  5. I love your little boxes, especially the wording on the white one. I hope you have a lovely time visiting your daughter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.