Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Another Day - Survived the Dentist

 Thanks for all the comments yesterday and the empathy. 

I was still feeling the effects of the vaccine booster this morning. I didn't feel well and had a terrible time trying to sleep with sore arm last night. I didn't have a fever so I decided to go to the dentist and just get it over with. No point putting it off. I thought about it. Really wanted to cancel, but I knew it would only delay the inevitable. It went okay. I got a little teary laying there thinking of Mum. She was always the one who talked me through going. I was thinking about that laying there. I could almost hear her telling me it would soon be over with. 

It's all done now. It was a little over an hour and a half appointment. I have a temporary crown on until I go back in January to have the permanent one put on. My arm is still sore, but the body aches have gone away now - or are just out ached by the pain in my mouth! The dentist said it would be a couple of days before my gums settled down again as the work was done close to them and they became inflamed. 

With my mouth still numb I went for a quick walk as it was sunny. I didn't do a lot once I got home - just my usual Thursday bits. 

I did manage to hang up a couple of Christmas wall hanging things I found at the dollar store. I don't spend a lot on decorations but I quite liked these. 




Tomorrow MIL and I are back at Jane's. 


10 comments:

  1. Yay, you got through the visit to the dentist! Very cute holiday ornaments! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it is over and done with (for now at least). The decorations are actually wall hangings. I thought they were quite good for $1 each! I have ammended the post to add that too lol. I probably should have said that was what they were.

      Delete
  2. Yes, good job making yourself go in. It would have been a good excuse too (if you get that...like a legit one...at least that's what I do when I don't want to do something and a suprise "out" comes into play...I can use that to not do what it is I am supposed to do...I hope you "get this") I have to have a procedure next week that I'm dreading. The nurse called and actually gave me an option for an "out" but, I said I would rearrange and make it work. Same reason, prolonging the inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I went. It would only be putting it off. I decided to not use it as an excuse even though I was very tempted! Hope yours goes well!

      Delete
  3. Well done for going ahead with the dentist appointment and also for making a start on your Christmas decorating. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Christmas ornaments, especially the first one. Great fun.
    I hope you sleep better and that all the aches and pains subside to practically nothing. Well done for going ahead anyway - it's done now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I remember right, the second appointment is speedier than the first when it comes to crown stuff. I think that's right, although I try to forget everything the minute I get out of the door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. I'm not as worried about that one although I still won't like it as I am a scaredy cat when it comes to going to the dentist.

      Delete
  6. I love those wall hangings. I want to use some fabric scraps and make an appliqued and quilted one. Glad the dentist wasn't too terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds nice. I hope you share on your blog!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.