Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Last Day of November

Another month over. Feeling a little melancholy tonight. Thinking of Mum. There are so many times I think of things I want to share with her and then I realise she's not here and I can't tell her. How I miss her. Sigh. 

I had a mini adventure today. I drove myself to the windy lakeshore. Probably why I'm thinking of Mum. I'd always tell her when I went, and she'd laugh because I was so crazy to go. She'd like seeing the photos too. 

Here are a couple of photos I took with my camera. I say this every time, but it amazes me when Lake Michigan is this wild and crazy. 





I was gone for most of the day, so didn't get much at home done. Tomorrow, I shall catch up on housework and run a couple of errands. 

Good thing about tomorrow - I get to open my chocolate advent calendar. Chocolate is always good. It might just be the thing that makes me smile tomorrow lol. 

I didn't take a lot of phone photos today. It was too darn cold to take my double gloves off while I was out on the beach. It was freezing. I saw snowflakes lol. I think the windchill was somewhere around 14f/-10C. 

Day 334 



There's a log here. I sat on it to take photos lol. 

More tomorrow!

14 comments:

  1. That is so very, very cold. Brrr.
    Lots of hugs for you - I totally understand. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald when I see photos of the waves on the Great Lakes! I was in Wisconsin when that happened and I remember there was a snow storm on that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been up to Lake Superior at Whitefish Bay pretty close to where the Edmund Fitgerald sank. There is a memorial up there. The lakes do get really wild!

      Delete
  3. That wind chill temperature is scary!
    Thank goodness we are still in the + temps here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. My sister says she doesn't know how I put up with it. I told here that I just dress warm with layers. I no longer care what I look like in the winter. It isn't worth it when things get that cold!

      Delete
  4. That wave crashing onto the lighthouse looks pretty spectacular. I bet your lovely mum is smiling down on you and doesn't want you to feel sad. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know she would smile and not want me to be sad. I just miss her.

      Delete
  5. You ALWAYS have the best pictures! I can feel the cold! Grief is like that water, it can come crashing down on you. You know it's there, but the waves of it bite none the less. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. You are right about grief. There are days when things seem okay and then it just seems overwhelming. I suppose there will always be a hole there, but that means that she was a good person and loved and made an impact.

      Delete
  6. One of these days whena storm front comes our way I hope to drive over to the lake so I can take pictures like Joseph Nowicki. I would need a 4 hour head start to get there from Brighton so would have to plan ahead. Have you seen his light house pictures? He posts them on facebook,but I would imagine if you google him or go to his facebook page you could see some of them. Your pictures are outstanding today also, by the way. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen his photos. I shall have to look him up. It's fun to take photos of the lake. I am actually looking forward to the ice so I can get out and take photos.

      Delete
  7. I'd agree with the crazy bit but the photos make it worthwhile ... they are brilliant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol. It was worth it. Every time I do it I think of Jane and Mum

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.