Pages

Friday, December 2, 2022

December

I always feel a slight sense of panic on the first of December. I always feel as though I have a long time before the holidays hit but when December comes I realise that I don't have that long left. So much to do, too much procrastinating and so little time! 

Yesterday I went for a walk and then ran some errands. I ended up not getting a lot of what I wanted. My plan now is to use Amazon. Probably not the best for the local economy, but I have had enough of crowds and people and driving (and other's driving). It is just too busy out there for me. 

I have actually made a list of things I want to accomplish within the next few days. I am hoping that will help me keep on track! It's not a list of big things, just little things I either forget or have been putting off. 

Today was much the same. I went for a short walk. Went to the store. I needed to buy a new lamp for the living room. The switch on the one we have keeps messing up and doesn't turn on or flickers. We've had it quite a while. I didn't need anything fancy. I managed to find one, though it doesn't have the 3-way mechanism that I was hoping to find. I got it set up and it isn't too bad. I got petrol too. It's several cents cheaper at that petrol station and, even though it's not a lot, every little helps. I was practically down to fumes. 

I got home, did some laundry, listed a few Ebay auctions and got a couple of things packaged up too. The light wasn't good today so photographs of items weren't the best. By late afternoon it was impossible to take any more. I shall try list a few more tomorrow. 

Oh, I even forgot to open my Advent Calendar yesterday. The big kid in me splurged (yes, it was splurging over here though I realise it probably doesn't cost a lot in England) and bought a Milky Bar calendar







Yum, yum 

Day 335 (Thursday)



Just a nice view. It's tough to get here in the summer, but the reeds are flattening out and it is easier to walk out to look at the old Beaver Lodges. 

Day 336 (Friday)




You can see the dark line of mud where the beavers go up and down on this newer lodge. This made me smile as I could almost imagine them sliding down it into the water.  It also reminded me of a time in the summer when I surprised a snapping turtle up on top of the lodge and it rolled down into the water. 

Plans for the weekend - tomorrow is supposed to be another windy day. As I sit here writing this I can hear the wind howling outside and I keep hoping the power stays on! We might go to the lakeshore for some more waves - another lighthouse. 

What are your plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I don't think I've ever seen such a close up look at a beaver lodge, before!
    Well done with making the list! I need to make a list, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine that as well! Yes, Christmas sneaks up on us. I'm a procrastinator as you fully know....so, my mind is like..."Oh, I have time yet..." eek

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.