Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Crafty Week? - What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday?

Yikes, another Wednesday has rolled around and it's time to join with Julia and the gang over at Stamping Ground for What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday, our weekly visit around crafty desks all over the world.

Been a busy week - daughter is back here again. Her move didn't go too badly and they got it finished before the snow came! She's sleeping/resting for a couple of days before we start thinking about her next move (the BIG one!). She applied for, and has been accepted for, her apartment (flat). It is a little more expensive but she's hoping it won't be filled with university students and the management seems really good. It is only a six month lease so hopefully by then she'll work out if she wants to stay there or move someplace else in town. By then she will know the area a little more. I hope it all goes well as it is sight unseen.

Anyway on to my desk.


It honestly doesn't look a lot different from last week. I have a mini album I am working on to send my Mum,  a new penguin tin that is filled with shaped Christmas-y glitter and a little basket of stamped Christmas-y sentiments.

I have finished my Mum's calendar which was my big project for the week. I am thrilled as I usually get it done just before Christmas. Will post this week along with Christmas cards that are all finished! I'm ahead of the game with Christmas crafts. Shopping, not so much.



A little peak at the calendar. As I said I did get my Christmas cards done. I haven't taken pictures yet but will do and put in separate post.

I'll be getting around to desks, some early, some later as I actually have a car today (as daughter is in town) and will be doing some shopping all by myself.

I'll leave you with a picture of Shasta in her Christmas collar. She's been sad lately, clinging to daughter and not liking it when she even leaves the room. She obviously knows something is going on and as a rescue dog has had her share of abandonment.


19 comments:

  1. Good morning Sharon. Your dog is beautiful and love the Christmas collar.....wishing I was able to dress my two dogs up but they will have nothing to do with any of that.Glad your daughter had found a place and do hope it works out being unseen. I am loving the calendar you made for your mom and can not wait to see the post with it all completed and done. You are ahead of me as I made one card for my sister and just cant seem to get into making more so will have to get out the store bought cards if any left. Have an amazing time shopping and a wonderful week. Thanks for visiting me earlier. Hugs ~Anne L#3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Sasha - give her a cuddle for me! Such a beautiful creature! Your daughter is very brave to move into the unknown - I used to be like that - then I got old LOL! Loving your calendar, as I'm suse your mum (mom!) will too! I've been wanting to alter a calendar for ages! One of these days I'll get around to it. Happy WOYWW! zsuzsa #17

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your daughter is getting everything sorted with her accommodation, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. Well done for getting the calendar finished, I'm sure your mum will love it together with the Christmassy tin! Poor old Shasta, she does look a bit worried, bless her - the Christmas collar is fab!
    Hugs, LLJ 7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please give Shasta an extra five minutes of love from across the Pond. Bless her, I hope she does not pine too much when DD goes away. Also hope that DD settles in her new place but as you say she will have time in this flat to make her mind up where she wants to be afterwards. At least she is getting the worse part of the year on a trial basis and will have summer to look forward to either still there or iln another place.
    Good luck to her.
    Hugs, to You
    Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the accommodation is suitable!! Glad one of us is ahead of the game with Christmas, sounds like you are very organised. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely calendar, Sharon, and Shasta is so beautiful! I love the way she is looking up in that photo - really loving! It's sad when our fur babies are unsettled, isn't it - they don't understand what's going on, and they do like security and their home comforts. Phoebe got through her ordeal OK and seems fine now, which is a relief. Thank you for your kind words about my creations this week! I am having a LOT of fun with that album and just wish I had more time to spend up there. We're into a busy period now with meals out etc. etc.

    Happy WOYWW and have a good week,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope that all goes well for your daughter re her next move. Daunting to say the least. poor Shasta- does look very worried. Anne x #16

    ReplyDelete
  8. The calendars look awesome, but please give Shasta a hug from me. Her collar looks great, I hope she feels okay soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh good for you that you are ahead :) do you get Shasta for the whole 6 months or just temp while the moving is underway?
    poor baby, they always know about their families moods. love the flower on the collar too. ~Stacy #25

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do hope everything works out for your daughter and pleased give Shasta a big hug from me. Have a great woyww what's left of it and happy crafty week, Angela x 14 xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I confess my favorite part of your blog was the picture of Shasta. I am a dog lover and animal lover deep in my soul. Wishing you a wonderful week and the book isn't as risque as it sounds lol! Thanks for the visit!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shasta is adorable in her Christmas collar! Lovely calendar for your Mum. I make 3 1/2 x5 calendar gift sets for family and friends and will show thm on my Blog after Christmas, when they all have them. Thank you for stopping by already. #24

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's difficult for youngsters these days isn't it? Love the calendar and thanks for visiting me BJ#20

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely calendar idea and that doggie is super cute in his christmas finery.
    sandra de @9

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sharon, Hope your daughter will be happy and decide to extend the lease.

    Hope you get the mini album finished. Love your mums calendar.

    Well done for getting your Christmas cards done. Hope you have a nice time out shopping.

    Shasta is lovely. Hope she doesn't get too upset, but they do know when something is going on.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sue #23

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful gift that calendar will be for your Mum, I am sure she will love it. I am glad that your desk looks like mine, although mine has more rubbish and less crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad your daughter found a place to rent. Your calendar looks lovely; I am sure your mother will love it. Please give Shasta a big hug from me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations that the move went smooth and that your daughter has some time to rest before she moves on... big changes indeed! I love the calendar, you're on top of the game girl! HAve a nice weekend, hug from Holland, Marit #19

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great calendar! I've been wanting to do one, but have yet to get around to it. I think it's on my ever-growing list of Things To Do. Can't wait to see your cards. Your dog is so sweet! I'm enjoying my little do I inherited from my Inlaws. She's pretty cute, too. :) Merry Christmas! #28 Jen (My Scrap Menagerie)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.