Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Crisp and Cold

It is supposed to warm up a little today. Yesterday was really cold at -15C (5F) air temp. I've stopped looking at the wind chill as it just makes me feel colder. I felt a little cooped up in the house and it was daughter's birthday so we decided to take the dog for a walk and see if the lake was ice yet.



Shasta loves the cold weather and snow. Not really surprising as she's a Siberian Husky. It's her kind of weather.


She was really tempted to go out onto the ice, but it's probably not that thick so we kept her close.


The sky was so bright and blue. It was lovely to see the sun even if it was bitterly cold. It is supposed to 'warm' up the next few days and we might get above freezing. Only problem then - the snow starts to melt and everything gets wet and muddy.

4 comments:

  1. It does look crisp and cold in the pictures! But I can swear that Shasta is smiling, especially in the second picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure she smiles. When daughter has been away Shasta cuddles up to her, lays her head on daughter's shoulder and I swear she's smiling!

      Delete
  2. I love your pictures and that dog is just a cuddle on a lead! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyssa! Shasta is such a sweetheart. I can't believe someone didn't want her.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.