Pages

Monday, December 19, 2016

Daughter's Birthday



My youngest child, my 'baby' girl, turns 23 today. Where have the years gone? It only seems like just yesterday she was just a baby and meeting her big brothers for the first time. She was overdue and hubby and I were both hoping she would put in an appearance in time for Christmas. We had two little boys - 4 & 2 - and I didn't want to be away from them for THE day!

The night before she was finally born FIL & MIL suggested a trip to a nearby city to take the kids to see the Christmas lights. I was having pains, but decided to go along. I wanted to wait before going to the hospital but not too long - I was determined that with this baby (we weren't sure whether it would be a boy or girl) I was going to have pain medication. The other two were born without and the second one had not been very pleasant.

We saw the lights, got everybody tucked up in bed and I tried to sleep. Finally I decided it was time to go. MIL came over to watch the little ones while hubby took me to the hospital. It was cold out that day and I was wrapped up in all my winter gear. The road to the hospital was bumpy and I could barely sit down - not a good sign!

I gave birth to her fifteen minutes after reaching the hospital - still dressed in my winter coat!

She's a great daughter. I was worried about having one as I wasn't a nice teenager. She's got some good things happening for her this next year. She'll be moving a long way away at the beginning of the year and I'll miss her like crazy, but I am so very proud of her and lucky to have her for a daughter.

6 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to your dear daughter. Wow reaching the hospital just in time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your baby!
    Our third was like that too. "Don't hurry" I said as we set out from the village " I think you need to go quicker" I said as we hit the outskirts of Ipswich and got there with 30 minutes to spare before arrival of our baby - 29 in November and new Mum to Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your daughter! I wish her all the best in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have obviously got some things right, it sounds like the birthday girl is doing fine. And what an entrance! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.