Pages

Friday, December 30, 2016

Happy Our Art

There is a little place near us called Happy Our Art. You pay money to go paint a picture and bring your own wine to drink while you paint. Really not my thing as I am not a painter. I am crafty in other ways but painting isn't my thing. Daughter really, really wanted to go. She pulled the old "I'm leaving in a few days. It will fun for us to go together. A mother/daughter thing" so how could I resist?

Last night as it started to snow again we grabbed a couple of bottles of wine and had hubby drive us over there. I was sort of dreading it as I am not a painter and the thought of painting in a room full of strangers was a little....stressful. It was a full room.


The instructor takes you step-by-step through the painting. Have to be careful not to mix up drinking cup with water cup! It was actually quite fun. Of course, I ended up sitting next to the only 'real' painter in the class. She put splashes of colour onto the canvas and made her bridge look really cool and abstract. LOL.


It ended up okay and we did have a lot of fun! Admittedly the wine helped. We were giggling away by the time hubby came to pick us up. Definitely something I'd do again and I had a great time with daughter!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like a lot of fun! The pictures look pretty good to me. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sharon, that's brilliant! It's always good to get outside your comfort zone and try something new, and who better to do it with than a lovely daughter, and with a glass of wine too! The pictures are amazing. Thank you for your fabulous comment and I am so pleased to have inspired you! The album has been quite a long project (I've been so busy with other things along the way as well) but the pages are nearly completed now, and I can think about binding. Next year I really want to do more books, and explore different binding methods as well. I am so glad you've enjoyed following the process!

    Happy new year!
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely thing to do!! I think our paintings both look really great!! happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like it was a fun thing to do! Sometimes, it is good to step out of ones comfort zone. Plus you were making memories. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.