Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Another Week

Yesterday we were back at Jane's. It's slowly getting there - slowly lol. It was raining in the morning so I didn't take a walk. However, after dropping off MIL the rain had cleared and I stopped on the way home to take a quick walk. Today was a little better. I walked for quite a while. I also stopped and got to watch the beavers out swimming - there were four of them! I couldn't believe it. My friend wasn't walking today so I was by myself, but it was really exciting!

I did the weekly shop, meals have been planned. Did my chores for the day. Managed to sort out a few items to list. Ack. I look at my own mess and just groan. Hopefully when we are done at Jane's I can work on my own things. I'd love to get crafting again, but the mess just puts me off. 

I have been tempted to buy some new books. Some of my favourite authors have come out with some new ones, but I won't be giving in. I have to sort out my 30 books for the month and IF I can get rid of more I might buy one. I shan't be bringing in any more without some going out. 

Tomorrow is another day of rain and another day at Jane's. I've been looking through her postcard collection. She had quite the collection! There are some really interesting ones. I really like the old lighthouse postcards. It's amazing how much things have changed. I hope to share some of them when I've gone through them. They really are quite wonderful. 

My 94/365 Phone Photos Things That Make Me Smile is from Jane's house. I really laughed when I saw this book. It's quite interesting. It is from 1974


 
Today's photo 95/365 has to be a photo of down by the beavers' lodge. I really enjoyed seeing them out and about. Really exciting and definitely made me smile! 




12 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get in a walk, yesterday, after all. How exciting to see four beavers! That lodge looks quite impressive!
    Sounds like you had a very productive day! Well done on resisting buying new books! Is it at all possible to borrow them from a library? I, too, smiled when I saw Jane's book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could borrow them from the library. I am really going to try to read the books I have in the house as I want to get rid of more. Hopefully once I am down to a manageable amount I can either borrow them or purchase them for my Kindle (I shall keep an eye on sales for kindle books)

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing the postcards. I used to collect them as a child but I don't have my collection any more which is a bit sad really. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a few myself, but not as many as Jane. I collected them as a child too. I think it was because they were cheap and we didn't have a lot of money to spend on souvenirs. It was postcards and bookmarks lol

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to have those beavers so close to where you live. I'd love to see them busy working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for resisting the temptation to buy new books. It's hard, isn't it? I just list all the titles of any new books I fancy so I have something to refer to when I spend my Christmas tokens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea. I'm going to keep an eye out in case they go on sale for my kindle too.

      Delete
  5. Sending all hugs and good vibes. It must feel like a mountain to climb sometimes. I admire your dedication to walks. I need to take a leaf out of your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's walking that's actually keeping me sane. It gives my mind a chance not to dance a mile a minute.

      Delete
  6. I love postcards. Yes, please share them with us. I love to read the messages on the back too. Most are short little posts about daily life in that time frame. I feel the same, I need to clean out here....but, other's keep tempting me with their cool things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to read some of the backs of them. They date from as early as 1910. Some of them look to be a little difficult to read, but I shall try!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.