Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Wednesday - The Christmas Village

 Managed to get a walk in before the rain set in. Well, almost. I did get rained on for a little bit. It was nice to get out for a walk. It was nice and warm, shame about the rain. There were lots of birds out singing. I would have liked to get more photos, but I was trying to keep the camera from getting too wet and the light wasn't the greatest. It does seem as though more spring birds are returning though!

We were back at Jane's today. We decided to give the book sorting a rest (and rest my knees from having to keep going up and down the stairs!) and start on dismantling Jane's Christmas Village. It was quite the production. I actually forgot to take photos before we started but did find a couple that I had snapped months ago. 





It was quite the set up. It was arranged in front of a (unused) fireplace, on three small tables on the bottom and a shelf above. Each house was lit up and there were several streetlamps. They were all plugged in on quite a circuit. It took quite a lot of unhooking and working out how to get it all apart. They were on Styrofoam blocks and all arranged quite carefully. It took us several hours to take it all apart. 

I'll have to take a photo of the fireplace. I thought I had but I only have one with MIL in the photo and I don't want to share that one. We arranged the pieces on cleared bookshelves (all the books have been taken care of). There are boxes in the basement for each house so we still have to match those. 



The room looks so much bigger without the fireplace blocked out. It felt really productive to get this taken care of. MIL and I had both been dreading it. Friday we will be back on the books. Husband is going to come over after work to take some bags up from the basement to the rubbish skip and load up his work van with donations. That will help clear out some more things. 

My thing that made me smile today was one of the little people from Jane's village. BTW one of the village signs she had said population 1100+ and I think she may have had that many little figures to go with the village! Anyway this one made me smile. I think it would be me if I ever went skiing.  Not the best photo but made me smile. 

103/365



Tomorrow - well, I'm trying not to think of it. I have a dentist appointment. I am - as usual - dreading it. Miss having Mum give me encouragement. I shall get through it. I'm trying not to think too much about it. Wish me luck. 



7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Now, that's what I'd called a Christmas Village! That's practically a town!
    What a lot of work that must have been to take all that down!
    Good luck at the dentist's, tomorrow, Sharon. I'm sure you'll be fine. (((HUGS)))
    By the way, I hate going to the dentist, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get through the dentist and breathe a big sigh of relief as you walk out the door - just like I did last month ((positive thoughts!!))
    What a huge Christmas display and well done for getting it sorted

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Christmas village is amazing. I'd love something like that but definitely do not have the space. Good luck getting it all back in the right boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to be absolutely fine at the dentist and then you'll wonder why you worried. That little Christmas village is just perfect.. has it found a new home yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, that's a fantastic Christmas village. Was it out all the time? I hate to think of the dusting!
    Good luck with the dentist - I share your fear!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending all good vibes for tomorrow.

    That village looks amazing. It looks like it is full of love and stories. You have had such a job! I hope things feel better with the spaces that are opening up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a huge village! I bet it took hours! She saved the boxes too...wow...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.