Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2022

Snowy Saturday

 Yes, you read that title right. It did snow. It was a snowy, cloudy morning. The sun finally came out about an hour before it went down! Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

I was tempted to stay inside and curl up with a book but as my photography project is documenting a Year at Asylum Lake and this MIGHT be the last snow, I thought I'd pop over there and take some photos. It was lovely and peaceful for a little while. 

99/365


This is what made me smile today. Yes, it is snow and yes, I am tired of it, but it was beautiful standing here first thing in the morning. One minute it was snowing, the next there were little glimpses of blue skies.  A lovely little slice of peacefulness. 



These little prints in the snow made me smile too. 

The walk must have chilled me more than I thought - even though I was wrapped up warmly - as I had trouble getting warm the rest of the day. For a while I sat huddled in my chair with a blanket around me. Later I did finally warm up and I went up to the craft room - agh. Mistake. It's a mess. BUT a plan is forming in my mind.  

I finished a book and gave up on another so that's two more for the donation pile. It's rare that I give up on a book, but this one just doesn't do anything for me. I'm not enjoying it at all. I tried setting it aside for a while but picking it up again I realised that it's better just to move on to another one and let this one go. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be better weather-wise, so we are off out for a walk. Hope everyone had a good Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, goodness. But how lovely it all looks . . .
    I hope today is more spring like. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always used to make myself finish any book that I started reading but lately have noticed that I no long do this. If I don't connect to the story or to the main character, I'm now quite happy to stop reading it and change to another book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More snow! It does look very pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so beautiful, like the world has been lightly frosted. Sending hugs. Sometimes I think you get cold from the inside and can never walk up at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter is hanging on, that's for sure! Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.