Pages

Friday, April 8, 2022

Playing Catch-up

I haven't posted for a few days. Nothing wrong. I've just been trying to catch up with my other photography blog. On that blog I'm documenting A Year at Asylum Lake for my Big Project with my online camera club. I'd fallen behind - is that anything new for me - and I wanted to get caught up. That meant sorting through photos I'd taken on my walks, organising them on my computer and writing the blog posts. I am still a couple of weeks behind, but it's feeling more manageable. It was on my to-do list for the week so that's one thing I can check off! 

Another thing I wanted to do this month was get rid of 30 books. It's only April 8th and I've already managed to sort out 21 of them! I hang my head in shame as some of these were books daughter had left behind. 


This was also the Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile 97/365. I am so pleased that I was able to get rid of so many. I will be looking for more this weekend so stay tuned - lol. 

I listed some more on Ebay. If they don't sell, I shall be donating them. We'll see how it goes. I really wish the library bookshop was accepting donations as I would feel better about donating books to the shop but I need them out of my house so they will have to go to a charity shop of some sort. 

I haven't progressed much on my craft room. I did start looking through things, but realistically I will have to come up with a method of choosing what stays and what goes. I honestly still like most of the things I have in there. It is a matter of working out what exactly I am going to use and not things I want to hold onto in case I want to use them. Sigh. 

I did well on the meal planning this week. I went and did a food shop today too so I have most of what I need for next week too. The place I usually shop at is having renovations done and is a mess, the shop is a mess and the car park is a mess. I don't like food shopping at the best of times, but the mess makes it worse. I can feel my anxiety climbing. So I changed places I shop at - only problem is that the roadworks on the main road close to mine started and (soon) the road will be closed completely in one direction (until October) so I thought I'd go today in case they close it after the weekend. It was supposed to be closed on the 6th but for some reason they have kept a small bit of it open. If I down drive in my neighbourhood I can still get through - for now at least. 

It's not been a good week weather wise. Cold (I'm tired of it), rainy (I'm tired of getting wet on my walks) but I have managed to get out all but one day. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 96/365




I found this at Jane's and it made me laugh!

Day 98/365




I got these today! Made me smile. Daughter sent them to me. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I've got some blog hopping to do! 

3 comments:

  1. That block made me smile. It would make a fun craft stall seller just before Christmas wouldn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the exercise block ... made me laugh!

    Well done on sorting out so many books this early in the month, you should easily smash your target of 30 books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that exercise block! I need one of those! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.