Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Just Plodding Forward

I was going to write yesterday but after being at Jane's I was just too tired. I've posted that this month I'd like to get rid of 30 books. If I could include the number I got rid of at Jane's I would have shattered that amount lol. I'm not sure how many bookcases are in the basement - maybe ten (?) each quite tall and filled with books. Sigh. Lots of old (not old as in classic/vintage) books - mass market paperbacks that nobody will want. It's hard to get rid of them all. Dragging them up the stairs is another matter. My poor knees are still hurting. Things are getting emptier though. So I suppose that is good. 

On the plus side we've had three beautiful days in a row. It was quite chilly this morning but ended up lovely and warm and sunny. 

On Sunday we did manage to go for quite a nice walk. It was chilly in the morning, but the snow had all melted and the day turned out lovely. We walked up into the sand dunes, through the woods and along the beach. Had a lovely time. 






There wasn't a lot growing in the woods



But what made me smile 100/365 (can't believe I've stuck at it for 100 days!!)



Some lovely daffodils growing in the middle of the woods. They always make me think of Mum. I had a little smile (it definitely wobbled a bit) and thought of her. 

My Phone Photo Things That Makes Me Smile 101/365



Mother-in-Law made some of her lovely potato salad and brought some to share! Yum. I'm not a big fan of celery and she always cuts it up quite big so I can pick it out lol. I really like her homemade potato salad. The ones in the shops are really sweet but hers - delicious!

Today's smile 102/365 - another food post



I almost forgot to take a photo which accounts for the fact that it's been partially eaten but I had a smile when I sat outside on the back porch in the warm sunshine and ate a pistachio muffin that husband got for me. These are delicious too! 

I will play catch-up with blogs and comments. As always I am behind! Hope everyone is having a good week. 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of the sand dunes and the daffodils in the woods look beautiful. You must be exhausted after you've put in a day, cleaning Jane's house! That's nice of your MIL to cut the celery big enough for you to remove them from the potato salad! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite tiring, not just physically sometimes, but more mentally. It's just sad and hard and frustrating all rolled into one.

      Delete
  2. That muffin makes me feel decidedly peckish - lovely grub! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really, really good. I can't resist them

      Delete
  3. Love the one of the daffodils in the woods - great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those daffodils look great, just the sort of tonic that you need.

    This is going to sound really hard, and I had to face it with bear's books, if the books aren't in great condition, then you may have to put them in the recycling. It *hurts* to do that, but charity/thrift shops can get rid of them. A hospital or hospice or similar may be grateful. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am behind with reading and writing. I had that awful stomach flu for a few days this week. I love potato salad. My mom made the best! I often hunger for some of her dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.