Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Sorting out

Still plodding along at Jane's house. Not sure we are going to do things justice. We have got rid of - put in the rubbish, recycled and donated - a lot of the more mundane things, but she has some beautiful things. There must be stories behind each piece that we aren't aware of. She lived overseas and travelled a lot so has lots of things she brought back with her. 

I am finding myself quite intrigued with the two Cuckoo Clocks that she had. They are so intricately carved with lots of detail and are such works of art. It seems a shame to put them in an Estate Sale when I'm sure they won't be appreciated. I am leaning more towards doing a little research and finding out if they have a market on Ebay. 

I will take photos the next time I am there. I don't know a lot about them, but I took this photo of a label I could see on one. 


We did manage to sort out the rest of the donation items, so they are all ready to go hopefully this weekend they will be gone! I have volunteered husband to come over on Saturday and help me sort out all the boxes and plastic storage bins in the garage. We don't want to get rid of them in case we need them to box up leftovers and such but we need them out of the garage. Sigh. 

Tomorrow I am hoping to get in a lovely long walk, some housework and washing and maybe some sorting of my own. There are a few of my own empty boxes sitting around that need to be taken care of. Hopefully. Fingers crossed lol. I don't have to go to the shops and I'm trying not to spend money - well, there's nothing I really need or want - so I am not going anywhere else. 

Plodding on and signing off. 

Ooops... almost forgot my Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile 117/365



When I got home today I put on a couple of episodes of Miranda and that made me smile. 

10 comments:

  1. You WILL get there. I think you are doing amazingly well, really I do.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure it will all work out though I really will be glad when we are done with the sale. I suppose then we will have to clear up, donate leftovers and then clean the house up for sale!

      Delete
  2. How much time have you got left before the Estate sale? Hope you can get sorted in time.
    Miranda was so funny - she seems to have vanished from out TV screens now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is next Friday and Saturday. Yikes. I'm panicking a little to be honest!

      Delete
  3. I sort of recognise the label. Is it this clock? https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-holzhackerbub-marsch-mill-442019652

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take a photo when we're there tomorrow. To be honest I can't actually remember what it looks like lol

      Delete
  4. Sending hugs. It sounds like there are a lot of stories there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. She lived such a great life and visited lots of places.

      Delete
  5. It's been a mammoth task for you, You'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you can contact some antiques dealers to see if they are interested in some of the items?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.