Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2022

Not the Best Start to the Day

 Thanks for all the encouragement for the dentist. 

Wasn't a great start to the day. It was really chilly this morning - just above freezing - so I popped out to start up the car for a few more minutes while I was getting last minute things together. I promptly managed to somehow lock the keys in the car while the car was running. We have no spare keys. Sigh. Panicked. Called husband who promptly came home - but his work is about 30 minutes away.  I must admit to sitting and crying for a few minutes. I tried ringing the dentist, but my appointment was the first of the day and they weren't open yet. I really didn't want to cancel as I had managed to get myself in the frame of mind to go (have a dentist phobia). 

I finally got hold of the dentist and asked how long they scheduled for the appointment - an hour and ten minutes apparently. I said I would be there as soon as I could. Husband got home and, in the meantime, I had called MIL and expressed my panic. She said FIL would drive me to the appointment. We were about half hour or so late, but the hygenist was more than happy to fit me in. My actual exam will be done on Monday when I had an already scheduled appointment for some work. 

Husband called a locksmith who came and opened the door so we could retrieve the keys. After work husband went and got a key that would at least open the car door. Our car key is one that needs to be ordered and programmed and it isn't cheap! It's next on the list. Sigh

What a horrible start to the day. When my blood pressure was checked at the dentist it was quite - understandably - high. 

I'm glad this day is over. 

104/365 Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 

I would post a photo of husband, MIL and FIL, the locksmith and my whole dentist centre (who were very sympathetic and didn't complain at all for me being late) as they all made me smile a little today. As I don't have photos of them I will post a picture of the lake where I took a nice long walk after all was said and done. Being outside in nature is really good for my mental health! 




10 comments:

  1. Oh, Sharon, I'm so sorry for that horrible start to your day! It's a bit like the time when I locked myself out of the house, a couple of weeks ago! At least, it was all resolved and everything worked out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no - sorry to hear that! I am relieved that things worked out as they did.

      Delete
  2. That sounds traumatic in the extreme! Thank goodness for the in-laws who were ready and able to help.
    ((( hugs ))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. On no. Just what you didn't need when you were already stressed over the thought of going to the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just had to happen on that day, right? Lol. It would have stressed me out on a normal day

      Delete
  4. That was a nightmare start to the day on top of the anxiety of the dentist visit. Glad you made it to the hygienist at least.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending hugs and soothing vibes. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hate days that start or even end...in the middle too...like that! I got myself stuck in the mud and had to call my husband from 20 plus minutes away to pull me out. While he was doing that, his truck slid and hit a rock wall....help me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.