Pages

Friday, April 15, 2022

Mission Accomplished ...?... Maybe? Sort of?

Well, it's Friday. The end of another week. I miss where this weekend would be a holiday. I don't really celebrate Easter, but a nice long weekend would be ... well, nice. As it is, the weekend is nothing special here in the US.

Today we were back at Jane's house. I suppose I should explain the blog post title. We got done the goal that we had set for this week, so although we have a lot of things still to do, we did get quite a lot done this week. So, the mission for this week was sort of finished, but we plod on. 

We got the village taken down, 10 bookcases emptied in the basement, two wardrobes full of picture slides taken care of. Husband and FIL took out the rubbish and Husband took another load of donation to the charity shop. Quite an achievement for the week! Next week we will start setting things out for the Estate Sale. Due to several reasons - mainly no-one wanted to take on everything (too much work apparently) - we are staging the sale ourselves. We have three weeks to get ready for it. So staging is the next goal. 

Any tips will be welcomed! We plan on doing some more researching for products, advertising on Facebook, Nextdoor (a neighbourhood social media thing here in the US) and Craigslist. 

I got out for a walk today. First thing was beautiful - which is my Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 105/365



Looks lovely, doesn't it? There is finally some greenery in the field. Not long after this it started dropping something close to ice pellets. Lol. Better than rain, I suppose. This was the most sunshine we saw all day. After this, nothing but rain. 

On the household front, another 25 books (23 sold, 2 donated) that will be leaving the house. This pushes me over my 30 goal for the month, but I shall still be plodding on. The email I received from the library bookshop today says they are accepting books by donation so I shall call them shortly and make sure I can book an appointment. Depending on their limits I really want to donated books to them so I shall have to do more sorting if they will accept the books. 

Tomorrow is going to be cold. Maybe a morning walk. Husband and son are going out in the afternoon so I would like to work on the craft room. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. It is such a huge task, isn't it. You are doing amazingly well with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know anything about estate sales so don't have any tips for you, sorry. It's good news that your library is accepting donations again ... that should make it easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on reaching the goal you set for the week at Jane's house! That's a lot of decluttering and cleaning that you did! The end seems to be in sight! Good job with the book decluttering, too! I'm glad to hear that the library bookshop is now accepting donations!
    I hope you have a lovely weekend, Sharon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending all hugs. You have accomplished so much! And you are being really thoughtful about how you go about things, which is amazing given the task you have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I lived closer so I could help you with her sale. Don't get stuck on value so much - something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You can't look everything up, go with your gut. It all adds up in the end total. Goal is to do the best for her while still getting rid of - you want it to sell. Ignoranceis bliss...what you don't know .... won't haunt you later..even for me as a "professional" - start higher work your way down. People are always going to give offers. Stage like things together. FB groups, craigslist, market place, good signs to find the sale. Lots of change. Hope these help! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you were closer too! Thanks for the tips. I think we are at the point where we just want it gone. If someone would come and take the house and everything in it we'd let it go lol

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.