Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Wednesday

 Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm a little behind as usual. 

On the good news front - I have exceeded my 30 book declutter challenge for the month! I have got rid of 40+ books with more leaving. I still have to call the library bookshop now that it is open and make an appointment for donation. I hope by the time I remember to do it they haven't changed their minds again!

Still plodding along at Jane's house. Today was matching up all the Christmas Village boxes with the appropriate buildings and ornament boxes with ornaments. Thanks Dicky Bird (Jacky) for the tips for the sale. It is a challenge to know what to put on things, but we will be willing to accept lower prices and everything will be half off after noon on the second day. At this point we want it gone. MIL and I will both be glad when we are done with it. As we work on Jane's house it seems our own houses are feeling and looking a little neglected. I have a pile of things to sort through at mine. I suppose I will have time once we are done with Jane's. 

I have been listing a few of my craft things on Ebay and have sold a couple of bits that need to be packaged up tomorrow. It does feel good to have things leaving the house. I doubt I shall miss them. I still have a lot more I plan on getting rid of but the things I want to try selling I am listing a little at a time. Once we are finished at Jane's I will list more at a time. I don't want to overwhelm myself trying to get things ready and posted while getting ready for the sale. If I sell one or two items, I can arrange to have them picked up at my house when the post is dropped off. I would feel bad about having a load for them to carry though I don't know if there is a limit they can pick up. 

109/365 Phone Photos Things That Make Me Smile 



Was a surprise to see a new information panel on my walk Tuesday and see that they had used two photos of mine. Made me smile. 

110/365 



After the dull cold weather of the last few days it was a lovely start to the morning today. Still chilly, but lovely to see the sunshine. It made me feel better. As it was cold I was the only one there. Well, me and the birds singing out loud. Even they were glad of the sunshine!


7 comments:

  1. We've been luckier than you with the weather lately. Spring is definitely in the air here. I bet you'll be glad once that house is all sorted cleared and finished with. Don't overdo things as you'll wear yourself to a frazzle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on decluttering the books and exceeding your goal! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the book challenge - it's so hard to get rid of books! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for exceeding your target with the books, especially as you have been so busy at Jane's home. Are you close to having your first sale there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised that they used your pics - they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not for publications - You are carrying so much with the physical work and mental load in Jane's house and your own grief, just wanted to say that you are awesome and it's okay to feel sometimes like you're weighted down with things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope I haven't upset you or sound condescending. I just see someone amazing who is dealing with a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.