Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sunday

 It didn't look very promising when we headed out this morning. There was no sunrise and the skies looked very dull and cloudy. When we arrived at our destination though the clouds were beginning to break up a little! It had snowed overnight and there was a wet snow covering on the grass and sand. Even though the signs had said that Muskegon State Park (where we were going) scenic drive was going to be open it wasn't. The road closure barriers were still up. We parked at some designated parking and decided to walk in. Usually we drive in a car park closer to the beach. Instead we parked and walked. We didn't do the walk we were planning on, but still managed to walk up into the sand dunes. There wasn't much wind and although it was cold we did warm up while walking. 

This was actually my 93/365 Phone Photo for the day


It's not the snow that made me smile, but the clear blue sky! For a morning that started off with thick cloud cover the sky was just beautiful.

We made a couple of other stops as we wove our way back down the lakeshore and to home. It was a lovely day out, lots of walking and some nice sunshine. I really wanted to make the most of it as the next few days look quite rainy!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I love the colors of that photo - the beige of the sands, the white of the snow and the clouds, and the blue of the sky! Beautiful! I'm glad you had a nice day for your walk, after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo looks very abstract with all those swirls and curves, I think. The sort of photo one could photoshop in various ways to get interesting effects. It made me smile too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I could twirl it in photoshop. It would be interesting to see how it turns out!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I think it would. xx

      Delete
  3. Wow snow on a beach, quite a rarity here, altho I do have a photo of myself in a pram on the beach and there is snow around the wheels, I think it was 1948!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully it was just a little! I hope we are done with the thick snow until next winter.

      Delete
  4. I always think snow on sandy beaches looks so wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol not here. All winter it's snow and ice. I quite liked seeing it on Sunday. Looked quite pretty - if I wasn't so tired of it!

      Delete
  5. I love your photo. It's a shame the road was still closed but at least you were able to walk along the route and take advantage of the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wondering when it will be open. I didn't see anything posted about it taking longer. Oh well. It will be a few weeks before we go back so maybe by then it will be open. I really enjoyed the walk.

      Delete
  6. I live in Brighton, to your southeast. I am always taken by your ability to enjoy the west coast of Michigan as much as you do. Have you by chance seen the beautiful lighthouse photographs by Joseph Nowicki? If not, google him and you will no doubt enjoy them as much as the rest of us. I forward them from Facebook to my cousin-in-law in Colorado who is a professional photographer. One of these days I say to myself that when I know there is a storm headed our way I will jump in my car and try to get to the coast where I can take stunning storm pictures like he does, just from a sheltered place. I am 81 years old and do not need to be blown over or away by the horrendous wind and waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you! I haven't seen his photos. I shall have to look them up. I love going to the beach when there are storms and during the winter. I have to admit that I love going when there is wild weather. It does make for some lovely photos!

      Delete
  7. I love that contrast between sand and snow. You take amazing pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.