Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Busy Couple of Days

 I'll play catch-up with reading blogs tomorrow. 

It's been a busy couple of days. We were over at Jane's yesterday and are plodding along getting everything ready for the sale. I have a feeling that next week I will be spending a lot of time at her house!

I didn't go for a walk this morning. Husband had to take my car in - we had a slow leak in the tyre (tire) and had to end up having all replaced. He was going to drop me off for a walk, but the weather wasn't the greatest and I didn't want to get caught out in the rain. 

When he got back we went over to Jane's and sorted out the garage. We had a lot of cardboard boxes and plastic storage boxes that had to be moved. We don't want to get rid of them yet as the things that don't sell in the sale will be going to the charity shop and will need to be packed up. There is a screened in back porch at the house and husband moved them to there. We did put some broken or weirdly shaped boxes in the recycle. It's a big load off my mind. I find it hard to organise that sort of thing and I just panicked as I saw a big mess and no way to sort it. Husband is a bit more analytical and managed to work it all out. He also checked the attic while he was there (taking off a handle that was in the way and replacing it after). Thankfully it is empty! He also replaced a light fixture in the hallway. The garage was the last of The Big Mess. 

When I got home I did a little more sorting. Jane collected postcards and I had brought home a couple of folders (binders) full of them to sort through and pull out to be sold. There are still three more to do. I actually really enjoy looking through some of the postcards. She has some from over 100 years ago and it's wonderful to see how things have changed. 

Tomorrow we are going out for a Sunday Adventure and a walk. Later we have to go to Jane's briefly. I am looking forward to getting out and walking as I didn't today. 

Photos for today - a couple of the 'flowers' (weeds) in my garden - taken with my camera. I am finally trying to use my macro lens a little more. Things are finally starting to grow a little. 





And a little catching up on my Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile project. I am still taking the photos one a day - not so good at organising them which is why I am documenting them here as I can look back and remember which one I took for the day and why!

118/365



Such a peaceful way to start the day. I've been getting to the lake earlier than my friend and I wait for her at a certain point. I just stand there and listen to the birds and the sounds - the perfect way to start the day. 

119/365

Yet another nature photo. Yup, it brings me joy. I love this crooked tree. It has such character. Always makes me smile, especially on a day where I really didn't want to spend another day sorting the house. 



120/365

Today. Well. If I was doing another photo instead of phone photos it would have either been a photo of the hawk I saw sitting on my fence this morning (grabbed the big camera and managed some photos) or it would have been one of the photos I took of the flowers blossoming in Jane's garden. As it's a phone photo it has to be one of the postcards that I've been sorting through. There are so many good ones, old ones, black and white ones. 

The one I'm sharing is actually two sides of the same postcard. It was one that was written and sent in 1940. I find it interesting that with all that was going on the same mundane things were written on the card!


I think if you click on the photo you should be able to read it. 

Goodnight all. 

7 comments:

  1. Old postcards are fascinating. Did you follow her interests and collect lighthouse postcards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The postcards are wonderful. I haven't collected the postcards. I love lighthouses but I really like taking my own photos of them. I am going to keep a few of her postcards. There are several of the lighthouses back in the early 1900s and are fascinating to look at.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are really busy! Beautiful scenery and colorful wildflowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm plodding along. I can't wait until we finish with Jane's house so mine can get some TLC

      Delete
  3. Sending hugs. It sounds like the end is in sight with Jane's house. It may not be near, but it's not as far as it was.

    My late mother collected postcards. She had over 60,000 when she died. She found it utterly fascinating as organised them and compared them. She knew so much history and geography after going through them. I suggest that you thoroughly enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. We're making progress and we've come so far from how things were.

      Wow - that is a lot of postcards! That sounds like quite the collection. Jane has some wonderful ones in her collection many from just after 1900. There are some of the town I now live in as well as the lighthouses around. She has a lot of them organised, but I'm not sure what we're going to do with them. I think I shall hold onto a few and perhaps donate/sell the rest.

      Delete
  4. I also love postcards. You can really go down a rabbit hole reading them. Three hours later...ahahha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.