Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Snowing

The snow has started, and the wind is picking up. Fingers crossed that we don't lose power. That would be the worst-case scenario. Both husband and son don't have to work tomorrow. Their jobs have been closed. I think that's the first time that has ever happened. It's the wind that will be the problem. That's what the prediction is. We are lucky that we don't have to go anywhere. Other son is working from home. Their offices have been closed. 

The warnings keep piling up. It's rather funny if it wasn't serious. We are under a Blizzard Warning until Saturday evening, a Storm Warning until Saturday afternoon, a Heavy Freezing Spray Warning, until Saturday evening and a Gale Warning until Friday morning. As we live close to the lakeshore (Lake Michigan) once the regular snow stops, the lake effect snow will kick in. 

The beavers were out again this morning and the birds in my garden were going crazy. Even the rabbits were out this afternoon before the snow - four of them at once - in the garden. There was even a chipmunk out. It seems as though everyone was getting ready for the storms. Apparently, the shops were crazy. People were not just stocking up for Christmas but for the storm too. I stayed away from anywhere today. I went for my walk this evening, then came back to the house, did my chores, wrapped some more and settled in for the evening. I think I am about done. 

Tomorrow, as everyone is home, I am (hopefully) going to take most of the day to relax. I have kept out my long undies and have handwarmers at the ready in case the power does go out. The temperatures are dropping. It will only be 9F/ -12C and that's not factoring in the wind chill. Too cold to be without heat. Brrr. 

Are you all ready for the holidays? 

Day 356



Smiling because I am lucky enough to be in a nice warm house during the storm with lovely hot drinks. 


8 comments:

  1. Over here that cyclone bomb (I think that's what they call it) is headline news. It sounds shocking and I hope you will stay safe and snug and the power plays ball. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what they are calling it. So far, so good on the power!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful mug! I've been hearing about the expected storms on the news, here! I hope you don't lose power! Are you able to light a wood fire in a fireplace? Bundle up warmly if you do lose power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty mug. Unfortunately we don't have a fireplace. I wish! I think they make things seem a little more warm and cozy.

      Delete
  3. Your weather has made the news here. Staying warm inside sounds the best idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what sister said! It was the best idea. Not sure how long I can go without any walk, but it was just too cold today!

      Delete
  4. Your weather sounds dire and makes me realise how lucky we are in this country. I hope your power stays on and you are all able to stay safe and warm at home. And I hope you all have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It is a lot different than England. It took me several years to begin to see the beauty in winter. I'm not a big fan of it, but there are so beautiful moments. Happy Christmas!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.