Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Smiling Every Day

Baby A seems to be more aware each day. She is quite a gassy baby and the faces she pulls are so funny! She has this one where she scrunches up her lips into a little o shape. It's utterly adorable. She is awake for little periods and enjoys looking around. The dogs are still a little curious about her. Sasha slept beside her bassinet the other night and seems concerned when she cries. It really is quite sweet!

I actually went out for a walk today - gasp! It was pretty cold. 10F/-12C with a wind chill of -3F/-19C. It was cold but I bundled up - double bottoms, double top, double gloves, hood up and boots. The sun was shining and once I was walking for a bit it didn't seem that bad until one way I went and when I turned around the wind was blowing bitterly in my face. It did feel nice to get out for a bit. I was a little nervous as the roads were a bit icy in place. I'm glad I went out though as there will be a little snow tomorrow and the temperatures dip down at the weekend for a pretty cold high of -4F/-20C and a low of -10F/-24C. Brrr. Back at home in Michigan they are under a Winter Storm Warning - schools have already closed tomorrow - and snow is forecast in the amount of 8-14 inches! It won't be as cold as here, around freezing, but all that snow! I think a little part of me might miss it even though there is some snow here lol. 

I've been reading quite a bit - two more books finished - and doing a little crafting. Daughter found me up a desk/reading lamp so I should be able to see a bit better. The light in the bedroom where I've set up a table to craft on, is not good. Hopefully, I'll get a little bit done. 

Son-in-Law goes back to work next week so I think the plan is that daughter and I will try to get on some sort of schedule. I've been helping out where I can and cooked a few meals. Son-in-law's tastes are a little different from my family so it's taking a little adjustment. He says he isn't a picky eater - ha ha - but there are a lot of things he won't eat. I'm sure it will all work out. 

Phone Photos Things That Make Me Smile

 9/366



Keeping an eye on baby at night is such tiring work! She makes me smile. 

10/366



Baby A loves having her hands free. They swaddle the baby when she's sleeping at night as her hands and feet seem to get cold so easily, but when she has them free she moves them all over the place. She has quite the grip too!

11/366



It was lovely to get out today for a walk. The sun was shining and, although it was cold, it felt good to get out!


9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself being up there with Baby A. Loved the photo of Sasha (?) sleeping! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying spending this time with daughter and granddaughter. I'm so glad she asked me to stay. I am missing husband and my walks and my nature photography, but it will still be there when I get back

      Delete
  2. It sounds mighty cold! Babies gradually unfurl after birth and it's lovely to see them develop. It's hard to realise that they were tucked inside another human being such a short while ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my daughter keeps saying! She knows now why Baby A was always moving as she still does!

      Delete
  3. My goodness, that sounds much too cold for comfort. Brrrr . . .

    Baby A sounds absolutely adorable. They grow and change so quickly, don't they? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations nana, how lovely to be there to see her so small. I don't think I ever got over that thrill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, I'm very lucky to be able to spend some time here as we do live so far away!

      Delete
  5. Yes, we had a (still in one) Winter Storm warning too. My son-in-law says he's not picky too - he won't eat so many things! I just now cook and he can eat or not...ahahah! When I know he will be there, I do try to have something he will like. Oh, enjoy all the little things with your granddaughter. I can't wait to find out her name. I assume begins with an A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just cooking what they tell me to lol. If it was my house it would be different lol. I'm really enjoying spending time with granddaughter. She's so small and cuddly, yet really alert at times. I'm so thankful they asked me to be here! Ssshhh - her name is Aurora. They named her after the Northern Lights. It's the theme of her nursery too.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.