Pages

Monday, January 29, 2024

Sunday Walk and Beginning of a New Week

It was so foggy when I went out yesterday. I did have a nice walk along the river and then I went back to the wildlife refuge as there was lots of ice on the trees there. It was really quite wonderful. Son-in-law was having some of his family over to meet the baby, so I thought I'd stay out of the way and get in a good walk. It certainly made me feel as though I can tackle a week inside again. I was so tired out when I got back though. 

Here's a little video of how the ice was on the plants. 



It was really quite a magical wonderland. I took lots of photos but have to find the time to sort through them all. 

When I woke up this morning there was still ice on the trees and a little fog around. Daughter decided she was taking a nap later in the day and encouraged me to go out and take some photos. It was really quite magical. It warmed up pretty quickly and the ice all disappeared. It was nice to get out. 

Later in the day I was clumsy, missed a step in the garage and went splat. I feel a little bruised as I hit my head on the garage door as I went down and twisted my ankle! My ankle is a bit swollen so I'm keeping it up. Hopefully it will feel better in the morning. At least I'll be able to stay off it until Saturday as I wasn't planning to walk again until then. 

Hope everyone had a better start to the week!

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 

28/366



A walk along the river. This is another part of the Mississippi River. It runs through downtown St Cloud. There are some lovely gardens there, not anything growing at this time of year, but a nice place to walk. It made me smile to get out for another walk. 

29/366



An icy tree. It was really beautiful. I was glad to get out for just an extra little bit. 

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to go out for another couple of walks and the photos and video looks lovely with all that ice on the plants!
    But, so sorry to hear that you fell and hit your head and twisted your ankle! Hope the swelling goes down by morning and you are able to rest while taking care of the baby, as well. Do take it easy for the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Still black and blue this morning, but I've been trying to stay off it as much as I can.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous icy photographs. You had a nasty fall - hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, that was a bad one. I'm so clumsy sometimes. The ice was beautiful, well worth going out for

      Delete
  3. Some beautiful photos but I do hope you are OK - banging your head like that is not good and twisted ankles can be nasty. Do rest up . . . xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm hoping the ankle isn't too bad. It's my 'bad' one and I've had surgery on it before after a sprain.

      Delete
  4. We had that hoarfrost here as well, so pretty! Ouch...be careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful, wasn't it? Thanks. I am so clumsy sometimes.

      Delete
  5. I need to start walking again, it's good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love walking. It's got me through some really tough times. I am missing it now, but I am really enjoying the time spent with my new granddaughter.

      Delete
  6. Ice can look like a sculptures , beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really beautiful, turning all the trees white.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.