Pages

Monday, January 15, 2024

Still Cold

I got out of the house for a bit today as it was son-in-law's last day at home. I was going to go for a walk, but it was far too cold for that! It didn't get above 0F/-18C today and the windchill (it was windy too!) was waaaayyy below that. I took the car for a drive and did get out briefly to take a couple of bird photos and then got right back in the car! It was brutal! Even though I wasn't outside long my lips are chapped. At least daughter's car was in the garage, so it easily started. The same can't be said for my car back in Michigan. Husband could not get it started this morning or this evening, so we are thinking it needs a new battery. In the money department, it seems as though we take two steps forward and one step back!

Here in Minnesota Little Baby A is still not sleeping well at night. Poor daughter was really tired today and I'm sure it's only going to get worse. Baby A is quite gassy. She does have some times in the day when she is wide awake and other times quite restless after feeding. I hope things get better!

I did finish my craft project, though I forgot to take photos so hopefully the light will be good tomorrow so I can take some. I've been reading quite a bit. I do like being able to read in bed at night and in the morning when I get up!

I did get up early enough (ha ha) today that I could see a bit of the sunrise



Not the greatest view or the greatest photo, but hey, as cold as the temperatures are, it is nice to see the sunshine!

It was this cold at 9am this morning.




Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 14/366



Look at these adorable little feet! Don't they make you smile? They did me!

15/366

I'm not posting the photo as I'm not showing granddaughter's face, but this evening as we were sitting in the living room son-in-law was holding Baby A and the puppy (Sierra) snuggled up right next to them. It was just adorable!

Baby A is certainly giving me lots of things to smile about!

6 comments:

  1. Brrrr - so cold!!
    My firstborn was a windy baby too. It does settle down after a while and I wondered if it was because she was rather gulpy when feeding. My second was a more determined feeder and far less windy.

    Such cute little feet!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! Sometimes I feel so bad for her as you can see it bothering her and burping her doesn't always seem to help!

      Delete
  2. I love the feet - so sweet. There are so many delightful baby clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have lots of clothes. My son-in-law's mother bought a whole bunch at different garage sales. Daughter is trying to make sure baby wears at least all the cute ones. They will pass on the others or resell.

      Delete
  3. Lovely sunrise photo! And yes, the cutest little feet! I'm glad that Baby A is giving you plenty of things to smile about. That's exactly how it should be! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to see the sun. She certainly does make us all smile!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.