Pages

Saturday, January 27, 2024

It's the Weekend :)

I think I'm all caught up on my comments now. I do appreciate all your comments. I do read them although I'm behind (the story of my life) with replying. Days just seem to be sliding into one another! The last couple of days seem to have flown by even though I haven't been out anywhere. 

Today - Saturday - felt like I recharged my batteries. I slept in for a bit this morning, as son-in-law was home. Turned out he was staying in bed longer too lol and daughter was up when I did get up, so I took Baby A and she went back to bed! 

Later in the day - shock, gasp - I got out for a walk. A long walk! It was a bit drizzly when I left, but it did clear up and the sun came out. It was lovely to just get out and walk. The temp was a little above freezing - a heat wave at this time of year for Minnesota - and the sun felt nice while I walked. I went to the wildlife refuge today and walked one of the trails there. I was gone for a few hours. I can't describe how lovely it felt!

Tomorrow I'm going out again. Son-in-law is having some of his family over to see the baby so I thought that would be a great time to leave them to it and take off for another walk. I'm planning to go to another park by the Mississippi River that also has some gardens to walk in. I know there is nothing growing right now, but sometimes there are some birds to see and there are lots of statues and such that I'll take a look at and maybe a few photos. I'll probably be in most of next week I'm sure, so I want to get out while I can. 

While I was out today I saw lots of trumpeter swans. There were three pairs on the frozen lake talking to one another. I love the sound they make! When there are a bunch of them it's really loud. 


It's not the greatest video, but I thought I'd share.  Don't they make quite the sound!

Phone Photos Things That Make Me Smile

26/366



Baby A gripped onto daughter's hand while she was holding her. Really was a lovely, sweet moment. 

27/366



Getting outside in the sunshine made me smile today. Really was a much-needed recharge of the batteries. 

I'm going to catch-up reading blogs while Baby A is sleeping and before I fall asleep!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. How's the weather on your end? 




10 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen trumpeter swans before, so I really enjoyed watching the video! Glad you were able to go for a long walk; hope you'll get another walk in tomorrow, too. A very sweet photo of Baby A holding on to her mother's finger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such interesting swans. I love the noise they make.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They were so funny! The noises they make are really loud and sound quite like a trumpet.

      Delete
  3. The swans are lovely - what a great sound they make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in Southern Ontario, and I agree this winter has been odd, as it's been so mild. I hope February doesn't bring us a cold snap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been really mild here in Minnesota. Usually it is so cold - way below freezing. Today it was actually quite warm!

      Delete
  5. Have you got much longer with your daughter? I bet it's been lovely spending so much time with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure when I'm leaving yet. Husband is getting a little lonely so perhaps not too much longer. It has been lovely watching baby these first few weeks

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.