Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Weekend Chill

It's pretty cold today. I stayed inside.  I did let the dogs out into the garden. One, Sierra, proceeded just to sit down in the snow and cold. I went back inside. She's a Great Pyrenees mix, has a double coat and doesn't seem that bothered by the cold, much like the husky, Sasha. 

It was 3F/-16C with a windchill of  -16F/-27C! Brrr. 


 Goofy Sierra. She wouldn't come in when I called, and I wasn't chasing her around the garden. BTW she did bark when she was ready to come in and I let her right back in. I think she was waiting for her husky buddy Sasha, but Sasha pulled a muscle or something and the vet recommended limited activity for two weeks. Try keeping a husky still for two weeks! The best we can do is limit the time they play together outside so that means one dog outside at a time. 

It's only going to get colder over the next couple of days. Luckily, we do not have to go anywhere. I was hoping to get out for a walk, but I think that's not recommended with the temps so low. I really am missing my walks!

Back in Michigan husband says they have got about 10 inches of snow so far. It's good it happened at the weekend and they don't have to go anywhere. Their temperatures haven't been too bad but I think it's supposed to get colder there - though not as cold as us. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 12/366



It's baby again. She really is delightful. A snuggly armful. Babies just smell so lovely. 

Last night she was awake more than asleep. Baby A and I had a little talk about that today lol. She was awake enough and aware that we had a lovely (albeit one-sided conversation) but she was looking at me and paying attention (I think lol). Daughter slept in and son-in-law kept baby downstairs. So this morning I spent a bit of time doing some crafty stuff. I've been listening to some Charles Paris BBC Audio Dramas while crafting so it was fun. 

13/366

Doing some crafts



It's a little waterfall mini-album using some woodland papers I brought with me. It isn't finished yet, but I'll show more when it is. 

What plans do you have for the weekend? How's the weather where you are? 

My sister said she had a little snow in Ipswich last Monday but it didn't lay and she was thankful as she doesn't like driving in the bad weather and she has to pick up her grandson on Mondays!



10 comments:

  1. That's what I call a windchill - brrrrrrr. Take care and stay safe.
    Baby A is so gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been pretty cold! She certainly is. She makes me smile every day.

      Delete
  2. My goodness, you are in the depths of winter. I like the Charles Paris dramas - very entertaining. I'm glad your granddaughter is listening to her grandmother and it's so good that your daughter can get some rest. UK snow worries are as nothing compared to the rest of the world but we do get caught up in our ever-changing weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Granddaughter listened as she was awake a lot last night too! I remember as a child in Ipswich being quite delighted when we did get a bit of snow. Sister said they had a touch, but nothing like here. I don't think I'll ever get used to the winters.

      Delete
  3. Aw, that's so cute that Sierra was just sitting there, possibly waiting for Sasha to join her! But, brr! That is cold! I will not complain about it being only 63F over here! :D Baby A sounds adorable! Good that you had a nice conversation with her! If we lived closer, I'd have offered my baby sitting services at night! Since I usually stay up will 4:30 a.m. or later, almost on a nightly basis! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a night person. I'm staying out of the way at night, trying to help so that daughter can sleep during the day. Granddaughter proved stubborn and did not listen to me about letting Mummy sleep.

      Delete
  4. I left a comment the other day but it disappeared! Blogger at its best. I like the Charles Paris stories - very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I love Charles Paris - I just discovered the audio dramas. Bill Nighy is so funny in the role

      Delete
  5. We had below zero with subzero wind chills. Supposed to hang around a few days. I did some baking...I'm almost "carbed" out....I have been eating too many of them. Silly dogs. Our 2 run and chase too. We had an injury to one of them and had the same situation - let them out one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for it to warm up just a little lol. The dogs have been out one at a time, but they aren't happy about it. I think they are both missing play time. On the plus side, Sasha does seem to be doing a bit better. I haven't noticed her limping.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.