Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tiring Few Days

Haven't posted the last few days. Baby (and Mum) have had a rough few days sleeping. I've been helping out as much as I can. I'm pretty tired myself. Hoping baby gets the hang of days and nights soon lol. I was going to post last night but by the time baby and daughter went downstairs to try to get some sleep it was after eleven and I was tired out myself! I was up early again this morning, taking over for daughter so she could get some sleep as she was up a lot again last night. 

I thought I'd better post now while daughter is up and I'm awake lol. 

I did get out on Saturday and Sunday for a walk. It felt really good. On Saturday it was still very cold (see last post) so I didn't walk far. It was nice to get out for a drive and a little walk. Sunday the temperature was a little better - still below freezing - but I decided to go out to a different park. I'm a little nervous about driving new places here around here where I don't know my way. But I did a little research and found the back roads (thankfully not covered by ice any longer) and went to the Bend in the River Regional Park about half an hour away. It's a lovely little park. I've been there before with daughter. It has an old homestead of old buildings and there is a path along the top of the bluff looking down on the Mississippi River which was completely frozen! 

Even though it was cold it was lovely to get out for a long-ish walk. There was absolutely nobody about. I didn't dare look too close in any of the windows as I'm a big scaredy cat lol. 

A couple of my favourite buildings







I took lots of photos of different textures and things I saw there too. I participated in a Webinar the other day that talked about different creative photography and a lot of the surfaces looked as though they would make interesting photos that I could use for different projects. I'm glad there wasn't anybody about to see me taking close-ups of rust lol. 

A phone photo of the river




The frozen Mississippi River as far as my eye could see!

I haven't had time to do any craft stuff - sadly. I'm actually in the mood to do some. 

I actually have to post a few Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile. They might be repetitive as my life seems to be baby lol. 

20/366

Out for a drive, saw the lines in this field and had to pull over - made me smile




21/366

A lovely walk along the river and another barn at the homestead



22/366

Can't help smiling when I'm looking after this little girl


Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Babies are a lot of work, aren't they? I'm sure your daughter appreciates you being there to help! Loved seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten just how much! I don't know how I did it with three so close in age. Of course, I was a lot younger then!

      Delete
  2. You can see how Baby A is growing - her hands look quite different.
    Lovely photographs - can't imagine such a huge river being frozen - I felt quite chilly looking at it and the snow;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a chilly place - colder than Michigan. Daughter couldn't move somewhere warmer - she had to move somewhere quieter! Baby is definitely growing. It's lovely to watch her beginning to take notice of her surroundings!

      Delete
  3. I love the homestead pictures. The barn, built into the mound with roof to the ground - love it! Yes, baby hands - precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really cool barn. I would love to get a peek inside some of them, but I'm not sure the buildings are ever open.

      Delete
  4. I could of sworn I had left come comments on your blog? Anyhow, a new born is hard work, but things will start to settle down. Getting a routine is going is the best plan of action to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a couple of comments. I was getting a lot of spam so they come to my email and then I have to publish them. Thanks for the comments, I do read them, but I am a little behind!

      We're working on a routine and she seems to be getting into some sort of one - at least sometimes. I'm hoping things settle down for them soon. Luckily, daughter has a bit of time of work before she has to return.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.