Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

I dream of Summer...

Yesterday the weather forecast said the rain would stop. I woke up this morning and it was still drizzling. Yuck. Dreary, rainy days don't do a lot to brighten my mood. I got some cleaning done. I managed to kill the vacuum cleaner. I was gingerly sucking up dust and cobwebs after getting a desk down from a bedroom and ended up sucking up a string underneath the vacuum while I was hosing. Horrible nose, disgusting smell. Vacuum dead. Luckily it's just a belt that needs to be replaced.

I'm dreaming of warmer weather although it has been above freezing, which is an improvement. I'm dreaming of green on trees and bright flowers in the garden.


I'm dreaming of summer evenings by the lakeshore, camping out and listening to the gentle waves as I sit by the campfire. I'm dreaming of being able to get out and about and when I'm home, having the windows open to let in the fresh air. It always seems such a long time between New Year's Day and the summer season. Sigh. Anyone else?

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your photographs of all the beautiful places you go.....and being very green with envy-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel like it's been dull and grey for a long time, I can't wait to be able to sit in the garden again and feel warm from the sun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope summer comes soon for you, Sharon. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.