Pages

Friday, March 10, 2017

Is it Spring yet? Please? - Five on Friday

This Five on Friday - hosted by the lovely Amy over at Love Made My Home - is going to contain a little bit of a moan. Well, perhaps a big moan. I WANT SPRING! I am growing impatient. I am waiting to see something - ANYTHING - begin to grow! The weather is teasing us with glimpses of warmer weather. Then it goes right back down again and we have to pull out the long undies again. This weekend is going to be a cold one, daytime temperatures below freezing and night time getting as low as -11C (12F). Sigh.

I have been trying really hard to do my photography homework for the Year With My Camera group I'm on Facebook with, but it's pretty tough when there is no colour outside. Nothing is growing. Not one little bud. There are no flowers to look at, no leaves to do close-ups of. Even the animals are pretty scarce. It's THAT time of year.

Well, the moan is over. For this week's Five I'm going to look ahead to Spring/Summer and all the beautiful colours and fun things we'll be doing.



Flowers. Colour. Wonderful smells.


Heck, at this point I'd settle for a dandelion!


What is that? Blue sky? Sunshine? Yes please! Sunlight where I don't have to turn the light on half way through the day so I can read or craft. Our clocks in America go forward this weekend. I'll have to make sure to google what time it is next week when I ring Mum - don't always get it right ;(


Camping. Being out in the night air. Sitting in front of the fire. Watching the fireflies light up the evening sky. We've already booked a couple of camping trips - a weekend late May and a week in June where we will travel up the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and see the Porcupine Mountains. So excited.


Oh I do like to be beside the seaside! Oh I do like to be beside the sea! Going to the beach and being able to sit and relax, read a nice story, breath in the fresh air and listen to children playing (as long as they aren't screaming too loudly).


And of course no trip to the seaside is complete without an ice cream with a flake. Not so much here in America, but in England - yum!


Which brings me to number five - HOLIDAYS/VACATION!! As well as our camping trips we will be visiting daughter at the beginning of May, she will be driving here in mid-July and I will be visiting Mum for six weeks at the end of July! So excited! Mum has already booked a holiday for us while I am over - we are going to St. Ives. I haven't been to Cornwall so will be lots of fun.

My lovely Mum

And my wonderful daughter and her dog, Shasta

Can't wait to see them again!

Come on Spring - where are you?

13 comments:

  1. Hello,Sharon koole,
    What an exciting post with your all lovely photos! They all make me smile,especially the last one with your dog!I really like ice cream cone, but I am now on diet. Please do not tempt me. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your Ode to Spring in photos! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the red hot poker. It'll be a while before they're in flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I sympathise with you, Sharon but hang on to those summer dreams that will become reality before you know it! And have a 99 on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a snowflake away. Certainly getting better here now with lots of daffodils around so it can't be too long for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been lucky, not much winter here, already looking very spring like here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Sharon, I hope spring comes quickly for you! It is spring here! Temps. in the 80s! Wish I could send some of our warm temps. to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gorgeous, yes Spring in the Uk is bursting forth I can report. I'm loving the cooler temperatures and everyone here is remarking on the beautiful warm spring days! Sounds like you have lots to look forward to this summer!
    Love your daughter and dog.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope some warmer weather and springs comes to you soon. At least there is something to look forward to - St Ives with your lovely mum, perfect. Maybe once the clocks change things will improve.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we're all longing for spring. It's hard to wait when we want to get outdoors after a long winter. Your photos are a taste of what's to come!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture of two chairs is so cute...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dandelions are often overlooked as a weed but I think they look lovely. Did you know that EVERY part of the dandelion is edible? there are so many health benefits it provides it's a wonder that it isn't included in our food more often

    ReplyDelete
  13. That ice cream looks delicious! Hopefully the weather warms up soon and brings with it all the colourful flowers blooming

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.