Pages

Friday, January 21, 2022

Friday

I did manage to get my sunrise on Thursday morning. It did snow overnight, but only a little and husband texted me to say that the roads were okay so I managed to get up in time and get over to the lake on the other side of town (the only good sunrise place in town) to take photos. It was quite cold. There was what I call a somewhat sunrise. There were lovely skies - for about five minutes and then everything clouded over. I did manage to get some photos! 

So day 20/365 Phone Photo Things That Make Me Smile is a sunrise photo. 



It was my walking friend's first day back walking yesterday. I arranged to meet her a little later as I was going to see the sunrise. She mentioned how I didn't get to see my sunrise and was surprised when I told her that I had! By the time we met it was completely cloudy and lightly snowing!

Today was sunny but bitterly cold. My walking friend and I were out early. We walked at our usual place today. It was quiet - probably because it was so cold! There were a few people out on the lake ice fishing but other than that we saw no-one. 

Later MIL and I went to Jane's house for a little while. We sorted out a box of photos and also started to choose what we would like to keep or sell from a couple of Jane's collectables cabinets. It wasn't a long day but productive. 

21/365 Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile

While out walking this morning the sun came through the trees at just the right time and hit the small stream. It amazes me how things change throughout the year. In the summer the light here is terrible and too bright or too dark (depending on the time of day). In winter, the light hits just right. This morning it looked almost magical. 


Hope everyone has a good weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Both your photos are so beautiful! I'm glad you have been able to go for your morning walks even with the cold and snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun on stream photo is brilliant - really shows the cold there despite the sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last photo with the sun through the trees is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last really is magical. So peaceful and calming.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are so beautiful. You are right, the light changes so much through the year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.