Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Not Quite Productive Day

 I'm actually not sure where today went! I did go for a nice, long (very snowy) walk with my friend Joanie. I then did my grocery shopping - I actually made a list and remembered it! The shop I went to was out of quite a few items and the shelves were quite empty but I was able to get most of what I needed. While I was at the shop I picked up some free N95 masks that were being handed out. I've been wearing my disposable ones as I find them very comfortable. 

When I got home I watched the birds outside for just a little bit - it was pretty cold! I got a couple of photos of them in the snow. I then went and took a lovely long bath to warm me back up. Maybe that's where the time went! 

It was snowing most of the day but I think it's tapered off now. I hope so. We are supposed to be back at Jane's tomorrow so I hope the roads are clear. MIL doesn't live far from us but the road to hers is by open fields and if the wind is blowing the snow covers the road and makes me feel a little anxious!

Oh I was quite happy today as A Year with My Camera featured one of my photos on their Instagram page! Each weekend they have a challenge and this weekend it was mono. I posted one of my black and white lighthouse photos and it was that one they featured. 


Todays Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile 25/365

Photo as husband rakes the roof of snow. Thankful and smiling because he came home after work and took the time to rake off the roof and shoveled both the driveway and the pavement of snow. What a guy!

8 comments:

  1. MUST work out how to use Instagram - I think I'm missing out rather. Super photos.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Instagram. I feel as though I have adequate control over what I see. I follow only fellow photographers - a lot of those doing AYWMC. It's fun to see everyone's progress!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on AYWMC featuring your lighthouse photo.

    I'm glad that driving in snow isn't something we have to get used to in this country. On the few occasions I've had to do it I've been terrified!

    Glad you were able to pick up most of your shopping, and well done for remembering your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I feel really anxious when I drive in it. I think I'd be ok if there was no one else on the road.

      Delete
  3. Your husband is definitely a hero! I hope the weather picks up for you. It must be extra hard to have the tense drive as well as the weight of Jane's house. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I get really anxious. I'm not sure how to control it except not to drive in it!

      Delete
  4. I take long baths in winter too! I use Dr. Teals products - I love them! That's great about being featured, well deserved and very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a bath especially in winter. When you get bone cold it helps warm you up!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.