Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Saturday Adventure

 It was very cold this morning but sunny! It was so beautiful. We bundled up and went to the lakeshore. It was really peaceful at South Haven. There were a couple of other photographers about but that was it. 

This is my 15/365 Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile

It's the view through the walkway to the lighthouse. I was the only one out on the pier so I had a lot of fun taking photos. It was icy but with my Yaktrax on I was safely able to walk. It's a different view of the lighthouse and it made me smile. 

From there we went down to Tiscornia Park in St. Joseph. It wasn't as icy as it was last week but there was an ice shelf starting to form down on the beach. It's amazing to see. 

There were quite a few people at the park. It had been on the news earlier in the week as there were sand sculptures that people were seeing. They were no longer there though, washed away by the waves earlier in the week. Luckily, we were able to see them last week! They were amazing to see. There were created by ice, wind and freezing sand. 


After we got home I went up to the craft room and did a bit more sorting. There is a big box of things I am willing to get rid of, but I still need to declutter some more. I did do a bit of crafting too so it's not all sorting! 

Tomorrow we are off on another adventure. 

9 comments:

  1. Look at all that ice on the walkway supports! Wow! And those sand sculptures! Nature's art! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How on earth does the ice and sand and wind end up making the sculptures - Amazing - Not something we would ever see at Felixstowe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first photo is amazing. I've never seen anything like it and bet it could win a competition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing pictures. I can’t really grasp how big the lakes are, more like inland seas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your pictures. I'm glad that you did some crafting. I feel it feeds the soul, doing something creative, and we all need that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing shot of the lighthouse - clever angle and very well seen. I love the sand sculptures as well. I've never seen anything like that before, only manmade ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great light house photo...like a glimpse into (red dot) infinity.

    I saw a different clip about ice shelves forming on some of the Great Lakes and thought of you. And I was right.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those ice photos are amazing. You even cature the "cold."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I love this area! I worked in Edison Lakes for about a year (I would travel home on weekends) and I used to drive to this beach all the time!! I love it so much!!!! These pictures are wonderful and are making me miss it sooo much~~ My favorite restaurants are there too - they are Ryebells and Stary Dog Cafe in towns near that lake too! Thanks for the reminders!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.