Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Mid-Week

 I got up early and went for a quick walk before we headed off to Jane's. I didn't see a lot. There were a couple of bluebirds flying close to the bird houses. No beavers swimming about. The lake is still mostly frozen. It was really quiet out. I didn't see any other people until I got back to the car park!

Here are a couple of phone photos from my walk.



The space in the top photo is the water the beavers keep free and clear. Usually there are several spots, but they seem to have only kept this one bit ice-free. As you can see from the second photo I got there early - before the sun had even risen properly! 

Jane's house - sigh. We started on the basement. There are so many bags full of boxes for ornaments in her Christmas room and boxes for the houses, trees and landscape in her Christmas village. She has a lot of Christmas items! In the basement she had a smaller Christmas tree with lighthouses on and another packed away with ornaments representing the Twelve Days of Christmas.

Those ornaments are my photo-a-day Phone Photo Things That Make Me Smile. MIL and I had a good laugh trying to remember what the twelve days of Christmas were and trying to work out which ornament went with which day. These ornaments are really beautiful.


Two of the five gold rings are missing. MIL said this would make a good mystery story lol. 

Tomorrow I have a couple of errands to do. I have a game to return (it has to go back to Amazon but can be dropped off at a local shop). I accidentally bought two of the same one for Christmas and have only now got around to returning it. I also have a couple of things to pick up from the grocery store - items I couldn't get earlier in the week.

I have a couple of regular household jobs to do and then I shall try to work on the cupboard in the dining room. I know there are things inside that I've been putting off getting rid of as I still like them, but I haven't used them and I want the room so it's time for a clear out!


13 comments:

  1. It looks so peaceful by the lake! I love how the beavers keep a spot free of ice for them to use to go in and out of their lodges! What a neat set of ornaments! Wonder what happened to the missing rings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really neat how the beavers do that. Not sure what happened to the rings. We couldn't find them but that doesn't mean we won't lol

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE those ornaments. What a treasure! To be honest, I love all things Christmas really! it sounds like she had some lovely things.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She had lots of lovely things. You would love her Christmas room. She had so many Christmas things!

      Delete
  3. Jane was definitely a collector wasn't she! Hope you are getting through the sorting - makes me more determined to clear out stuff before I pop my clogs, although who ever clears my house will probably still find too many books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's making me want to sort too. It's not a job I'd wish upon anyone.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the errands. Sending good vibes for the drive. Those ornaments look beautiful and I bet there is a story there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOh those snow pictures are making me shiver. Do you ever get a white Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do get a white Christmas. It was rather mild at Christmas this year. It's hit or miss. Our colder months are January and February

      Delete
  6. What time did you get up if the sun wasn't up properly? Lovely photos as usual. I do like the 12 Days of Christmas ornaments and at least the rings are the easiest to replace if you don't find the missing ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun here doesn't rise until about 8.10. I was there about 8am. It takes a while for the sun to pop over the treeline where I walk. It's so peaceful if I go early.

      Delete
  7. I love when the estates I clean out have lots and lots of holiday decor! I would be having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.