Pages

Monday, January 24, 2022

Snow Day!

 Well, it was a snow day for me lol. It started snowing again this morning and I just don't feel comfortable driving far in it. MIL and I decided not to go to Jane's. She wanted to do some things at her house and I, well, I didn't want to drive. I did manage to drive the little bit down to the nature preserve - only because I had arranged to meet my friend. Frankly the drive gave me anxiety! We had a quick walk and a talk. We were both pretty snowy when we were done!

Phone Photo 24/365 Things That Make Me Smile 

The small creek on my walk looked quite snowy today and made me smile. 

When I came home I did tomorrow's household work today. I also sorted out a couple of areas that needed sorting. Isn't it interesting that sometimes when you're sorting you forget things that you had. I 'found' a couple of books that I had forgotten I bought from the library bookshop. 


It looks like a lovely book. I'm so excited as I was looking for it on Amazon and could only find it used for $70! I think I paid $1 for it.

The second book was this lovely book. It caught my eye as it is about Norfolk, not far from Suffolk where I come from. 


This entry is from January 24th


So interesting! It sometimes does pay to have a sort out lol. 

In some other news - last week my daughter said that (finally - a bit late to the party) free covid tests are available to us. Only 4 per household, but daughter signed us up for some. They arrived today! Luckily my husband and son are able to get free ones for work if they have contact with others who have been diagnosed with Covid. 


It will be nice to have them in the house just in case. There seems to be other things going around right now too and it's always nice to know you're postive/negative so you don't pass along to others. At least that's how I feel. 

Daughter called today. Her FIL is awaiting a Covid test result. He hasn't been feeling well. He does have pre-existing conditions, but he's had all his vaccinations so hopefully it will all work out well. Daughter also was feeling quite sad as - on top of that worry - she received word that a colleague has passed away from Covid. He was only in his late thirties/early forties with a young family. When they did work in the building her desk was next to his. He was very good to her when she first arrived. It just goes to show that you never know. Sigh. 

I hope all had a good day with more sunshine than mine!





8 comments:

  1. Oh, that snowy creek looks very wintry! But, how wonderful to find those two books about your belongings! You received those test kits very fast! The website offering them only opened on the 18th! My daughter signed me up for them, but, I haven't received any, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never ever driven in snow and don't blame you one bit for not wanting to. I'd be terrified and we never get the amount of snow that you do. I do love the photo's that you share though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are they what we call Lateral Flow Tests round here? We used to be able to pick them up in any chemist but now we have to get an online code first and then find a chemist that actually has some - I gather a few people have been stock piling them.
    I test myself before I go anywhere in a crowd - like my SW meetings, for example, or my circuit training. It reassures me that I'm not handing anything on to anyone else.
    I do hope your daughter's FiL is negative and feels better soon. Anxious times!

    I don't blame you for not snow driving. I most certainly wouldn't either.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest, it sounds like a tough day with the driving and the news from your daughter. I hope the pleasure you had with the books helped to make you smile. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had snow as well, wasn't in the forecast for as much as we received. Now we are looking at -20 to -40 with wind chill over the next few days. Ughh... Sad about your daughter's coworker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your creek photo almost looks like a painting. Lovely.

    Books were a nice find...can imagine taking a break to look through them. My son lived in Suffolk when he was in the military (small village near where my father served in WWII) and I visited as often as I could. I grew up in the UK (British mother) and mostly lived in west London, but also lived for several years in a small village in Essex--a great place for a youngster. Can well imagine scenes from your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You got your Covid tests early! I ordered mine late so they may be awhile! I also get very nervous driving in the snow and bad weather. Stay safe out there! HUGS! Have a great day Sharon! Annster

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have that book (Nature Diary) but haven't seen it for ages. It's a lovely book and the illustrations are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.