Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Weekend

 Thanks for all the lovely comments regarding my photos. I was really pleased with the light over the stream.

This weekend had some good and some bad. I know I shouldn't dwell on it, but Saturday marked six months since Mum died. It also has been about a year since Mum got taken to hospital with Covid. It's been such a rollercoaster of a year. On Saturday, the six month anniversary, I tried to think good thoughts, of the good times we shared and the holidays we enjoyed together. I want to try to think of the good and not dwell on the bad, but sometimes it's hard. 

Yesterday we went to the lakeshore when it was really wild and windy. I can almost imagine Mum laughing at me and thinking I was crazy for going out in that weather. She would have hated it. I think she probably would have sat in the car as husband did lol. 

It snowed Saturday night and we got about 4-5inches of snow. It was still snowing when we got up and I wasn't sure we were going to go anywhere! The forecast had predicted sun but I wasn't imagining any with the start we had! Husband said we'd go out anyway. He's a good driver in the snow, confident and used to it as he grew up with it. He made me laugh with the story he told of when he was stationed in England and it snowed. He drove to the base in the snow only to find it had closed. He didn't think anything of driving in it, but he did wonder why the roads were so empty!

We meandered through the countryside and up to the lakeshore - a little further away. Guess what? The sun came out! It was cold, but a beautiful day. I'm so glad we went out! By the time we drove home the salt trucks had been out and the main roads were mainly just wet. 

22/365 Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile

Yesterday after we got back from our windy day out it was lovely to have a cuppa soup, some lovely chocolate chip cookies and watch a favourite film all bundled up in my blanket. Worth smiling about!

23/365 Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile

Seeing the ice build up on the pier! Wow, it's grown just since last weekend!

I took lots of photos with my camera too. 

Here's a black and white from Saturday with the wild waves. A lot of people have been posting on social media so I thought I'd try something different. It certainly shows how dramatic it was!


I have some catching up on blogs to do but I think I shall do it in the morning when I wake up. It's getting late and I am so ready for bed. I hope everyone had a good weekend. 


13 comments:

  1. More amazing photos!

    (((hugs))) I have the anniversary of Mum's death coming up in a couple of months. It's not dwelling on things really, it is remembering someone who was very precious to us with affection and a sense of loss as well as all the good things.
    Thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs. I had a rubbish relationship with my mother and she passed in 2003. I still get tripped up thinking about how she would have liked something or what she would have said.

    Your pics are amazing and I love seeing the lighthouse. The black and white photo is amazing! You must have worked hard to get that perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      It was interesting photographing the lighthouse. Freezing standing out there, but I wanted just that big wave. Luckily the wind was coming in the right direction but I was safe where I was standing.

      Delete
  3. (((HUGS))) It's only natural to remember those milestone days and anniversaries, I think. It's all part of the mourning process, I feel.

    Gorgeous photos of the ice buildup and the waves on the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you a gentle hug to help you get through your next milestone. x
    Oh my goodness that ice picture looks cold. It's blue sky sunny and almost warm here today. It could almost be spring it's so nice outside. It#ll probably be freezing again next as Spring is still a very long way off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was very cold out. We had blue skies on Sunday and that helped. It always makes me feel a little warmer when the sun shines!

      Delete
  5. Anniversaries can bring smiles and heartache--one right over the other. Thinking of you.

    Loving your photos. That one by the pier almost looks like a wave was frozen in the midst of breaking over. The choice of B/W over a colour photo is perfect for the wave breaking on the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly can. Now when I'm feeling sad or guilty I try to think of the good times we shared.

      Thanks so much for the comments on my photos. It was really cold! Lots of ice build up today.

      Delete
  6. Thinking of all the bad things as well as the good is all part of the bereavement process and it's healthy that you are doing it. I found that eventually the good memories come to the fore and it starts to get easier to remember the person you've lost in a positive way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel the cold....you captured it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was certainly cold lol - probably not as cold as where you are though!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.