Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Ups and downs today. I didn't get done quite as much as I hoped. 

I took a walk somewhere different today. It was very peaceful. It was cold but it was really quiet and nice to watch some of the winter birds in the ponds. I walked at a place called Wolf Lake Fish Hatchery. It is a place where they raise fish. In the winter several of the ponds are drained, but there are two and a bit that don't freeze at all. A variety of birds - mainly ducks and swans - come to reside for the winter. I caught sight of the resident blue heron moving around one side of one of the open ponds looking for some fish. 

While walking there I came upon this falling down building. I think it must have been a storage shed of some kind. 


It was also quite interesting to see this water butt frozen. How cold it must have got at one point!


 I stopped at the shops on the way home and picked up a couple of items needed to complete dinner for the week. I shan't need to go back until the weekend. I find the less trips I make the less money I spend. 

I did a little crafting, no sorting today (so a failure on that point!). I did open one of my Christmas gifts from husband. He got me a screen calibration thingy that makes sure that the colours your computer screen shows are how they will appear more accurately when printed or shown on other devices. It's the first step in printing some of my photos on larger medium. I watched a couple of Youtube videos and it looked really confusing, but once I just followed the instructions shown when you plugged in into the computer it wasn't as bad as I thought!

Tomorrow it is back to Jane's. When I get home I want to pull at least 5 books to put in my donation box. Hopefully there will be more! Thursday I shall start walking with my friend again. Before Christmas she missed the last step on her basement and hurt her foot. She was going to spend the holidays with her son in another state so wore the boot recommended and finally managed to get a doctor's appointment for today! She is allowed to walk again, but has to go to physical therapy. I told her that she needed to wear her ice things as the paths on all the parks are quite slippery. She is planning to bring a hiking stick with her too to help her keep balance. 

My Things That Make Me Smile 18/365 (phone photo)

Sunrise out of my back door. It was supposed to be all cloudy today but I happened to look out of the back door and caught sight of this lovely colour through the trees. Made me smile!



11 comments:

  1. Oh, your sunrise photo is just beautiful! I think you are being too hard on yourself, saying you didn't get much done...you went for a walk, you did some crafting, you taught yourself how to use your new screen calibration device, you did some grocery shopping - that all counts, you know. You'll have another busy day tomorrow, too, it sounds like. I hope you'll be able to declutter those 5 books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me smile too - beautiful colours.
    Hoping things go well today.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see sunrise photo's,they always lift my spirits. That iced water butt photo is pretty special. I'm enjoying seeing your ice photo's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I could see a better sunrise from where I live. I can just see it through the trees. I was really surprised to see the water butt like that. It was quite funny!

      Delete
  4. The 'smile' pic is so beautiful. I love the colours. Your poor friend - and having to wait so long to be seen! I hope she is better soon. It sounds like a great walk with lots of interesting stuff, and crafting is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo makes me happy! The sun sets and rises have been amazing! Yes, she should bring a stick for balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are such wonderful colours in sunrise. Sometimes they are deep and purple, other times more golden. It's really amazing.

      Delete
  6. I calibrated my screen after dithering about it for ages but in the end it was straightforward. I was surprised as I was expecting it to be really complicated.

    Love your sunrise photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After watching the videos I was expecting it to be harder than it was! Thankfully it all went well.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.