Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Saturday Adventure

 Phew - it's the weekend again. Can't believe it's the last weekend of the month. 

We took another drive to the lakeshore. I was interested to see how much had changed within a week. It has been quite cold and I wanted to see how much ice build-up there was. We got there quite early so I had the pier to myself. I was able to take quite a few photos with my camera and take my time so I hope they turned out well!

I took a video. It was really quite cold - I think about -11C/12F and the windchill was even lower. 

I like how peaceful it is in the mornings. We were lucky that there was sunshine today. When we first got there it was quite sunny but the clouds started to roll in a little bit. 

After we got home it was a quite relaxing day. I worked on some photos, had a nice relaxing bath and watched some Blacklist on Netflix. 

28/365 Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile

Yesterday I did some frozen bubbles in the morning (my favourite I shared on my  Instagram Account ) I'll try to remember to share on here. After that I took a walk by myself. It wasn't a long walk. It was lovely and relaxing. I walked along (there was sunshine again) and took photos as I wanted. I paused and took time to enjoy all the winter beauty around me. This was one of my photos from that walk - this particular section is called The Magnificent Pines. 


29/365 Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Smile. This one is from the lighthouse today. The pier was snow covered more than icy and I was able to walk right behind the lighthouse. This view really made me smile. 

It's not the greatest technical photo, but I like the view. 

Tomorrow we are off on another adventure to two different lighthouses, a little further away. We don't go very often. I am hoping for some icy landscapes to enjoy. 



3 comments:

  1. You really have a great eye for photography. I like the juxtaposition of capturing the deep blue sky, the semi-filtered sun and the dash of red on the lighthouse. Incandescent light across a frigid landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that photo of the trees. I saw your bubble photo on Instagram ... another brilliant photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the video! I remember when I was in Green Bay, the water in the bay would freeze. There is something beautiful about being out for a walk in the woods in the snow, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.