Pages

Monday, January 31, 2022

Sunday Adventure

 It was supposed to be sunny. Was it? Nope. Not a sliver of sunshine. In fact one of the places we ended up at it was actually snowing! We had a good time despite the weather. When you live in Michigan you just have to accept that it's going to be cold and snowy and (especially in our part of Michigan) sunshine in winter will be a minimum. 

These are phone photos as (story of my life) I haven't sorted through the ones on my camera yet.


White River Light Station


This is called pancake ice. It was floating along the channel that leads from a small lake out to Lake Michigan. 

The door to Little Sable Lighthouse (the second lighthouse we visited). This is one of my favourites. We were very lucky that there was absolutely no one else around and I got take photos galore. There were some wonderful patterns in freshly fallen snow.  The actual lighthouse wasn't open this day but we have climbed all the way to the top before the view is absolutely stunning!

My 30/365 Phone Photo - Things That Make Me Happy. The lighthouse in all its glory. 


Today I went for a walk with my friend - no sun again even though the forecast said there was lol. As MIL and FIL were out of town for an appointment, I didn't have to go to Jane's today, so I picked up a couple of items needed for my meal plan this week. I got sidetracked/distracted and ended up going to a nearby park. I'm glad I did! I saw four deer, lots of birds including a wonderful Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker! 

Of course, that meant I did not stay on track to do the house things I was supposed to do but I will do them tomorrow. I am going for a walk in the morning but then the weather is supposed to turn - rain, ice and finally snow. We are under a Winter Storm Watch so there might be a lot of it!

8 comments:

  1. I always look forward to your photos - they LOOK cold today. And I was fascinated by the pancake ice and may have become somewhat distracted looking it up. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love seeing the pancake ice. It is really cool to watch as it floats along the water. Last year I managed to take a photo of some kind of duck sitting on one lol

      Delete
  2. No shortage of snow and ice, I see! The pancake ice is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. House things can wait when there are photographs to take! I particularly like the first one.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did manage to get some housework done today lol

      Delete
  4. I really like the first photo.

    I think taking photos, or any hobby come to that, takes priority over house things and you are getting brilliant results with your photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do get the housework done - eventually lol.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.