Pages

Friday, January 7, 2022

Snow or No Snow?

 Well, yesterday's snow did not end up really bad.  A few inches. Middle son is closer to the lakeshore and he said he got quite a bit of snow, so much so that his work ended up sending them home to work for the rest of the night. Our snow was worse today! It snowed most of the day. The roads were pretty terrible. Husband had to leave work early as his work does not want them to have overtime but he had to work extra hours the other day. He came, took me to the park and I walked in the cold and snow while he went home and shovelled the snow out of the driveway, pavement outside the house and raked the snow off the roof! It was quite a workout for him.

Some of the phone photos taken on my walk. I had forgotten how much energy it takes to walk through deep snow! It was really hard to judge how deep it was and I had to be careful where I was putting my feet!



I have started to make some lists! I feel as though I am finally getting back on track. I shall work on them some more over the weekend. 


Finally the next two photos for my Photo-a-Day challenge. I am doing Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile.

6/365


It wasn't the photo I planned. I wasn't going to do another outdoor one. When I did this same challenge in 2020 I had a lot of outdoor photos. I was going to try for a variety. However as we were supposed to have a really bad snowstorm I was so happy when the sun actually came out yesterday afternoon. Who wouldn't smile at that? 

7/365


Smiling (and a little bit of crying with this book). I know, I know, it's a Christmas book and Christmas is over, but it's been in my to-read pile for a while. I really enjoyed it. It was what my Mum would have called a family story. It's one of those books that I would probably keep, pack in my case and take for her to read. 


12 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely snow photos! Gorgeous.
    (Your handwriting is beautiful!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I get that comment a lot about my handwriting. I remember at school that I was the last who was able to move from using pencil to pen as my writing was so terrible. I suppose it must have worked!

      Delete
  2. I always smile when I see snow pictures. They are just so beautiful and ethereal. I'd probably enjoy that book as I like a good bit of chicklit. Have a great weekend and don't go falling over and breaking anything. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was really peaceful walking through the snow. There weren't many people around either.
      It was a good book! A nice easy read

      Delete
  3. Lovely snowy photos. I wouldn't like to be out walking in it though.

    I think the lists are a good way to get yourself organised and motivated so hope it helps you. Your handwriting is very similar to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't mind the snow. It's when it melts and refreezes and you're walking on ice.

      I'm trying really hard with the lists. They do help. I just have to remember to make them!

      Delete
  4. Sending all good vibes for lists. btw your handwriting is a lot better than mine. As always, love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a work out for sure walkin through the snow! Especially if you are wearing layers or snow pants. I actually fell walking this week. That light fluffy snow hid the icy patches. Good thing I bounce yet. You pictures make winter look so magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had several layers on. It's been cold. Sorry you fell! I almost have a few times. Like you say the snow hid the ice!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.