Pages

Monday, January 17, 2022

New Week and Sunday Adventure

 Monday again. 

I heard from my sister this morning - some good news for our family. Her daughter, my niece, gave birth to her baby last night. A baby boy, Odin. He was 8lb 9oz so a good weight. She ended up having a c-section, but both she and baby are doing well. My sister sent me some lovely photos. Neice will have her hands full as this is her third. 

I had a quick walk this morning. It was grey and dull and there wasn't much around the park today. I had a hair appointment early afternoon so we decided not to go to Jane's today. I must admit that it was nice to have a Monday off! I got done the chores I would have done tomorrow, I crafted a little bit, sorted out my craft room a bit more and got to sort out some photos! I need to make more time to sort through photos. I would like to have some cards printed from some of my photos, but when the photo site has a sale on them I never seem to have them ready. My plan tomorrow is to get some done so that when there is a sale again I can easily order them. I would like to have some prints done too.

Today's Things That Make Me Smile Photos is working on my pictures. 17/365

Yesterday we had a really good day out. It was cold, but the sun was shining. We went to a couple of lighthouses - Grand Haven and Muskegon. I got out at Grand Haven and took some photos and just as we were driving off we saw a ship start down the channel between the lighthouse and the range light. I had husband turn around so I could take some photos. It was a lot of fun! It was a really big ship. There was some light ice in the channel so the ship went through it. As people saw it coming they stopped and got out of cars to watch and take photos. I took lots with my camera and a couple with my phone. My phone ones are a lot clearer up close but this one turned out pretty well. The ship was the Wilfred Sykes. 

So 16/365 is one of those Phone Photos

After watching we went to the other side of the channel and got to see some fantastic ice. We had to walk on a little ice to the pier and then it was clear. A little way up the pier we saw this wonderful ice arch. 

From Grand Haven we went up to Muskegon and I took more ice photos - mostly with my camera there. It was so nice to get out and the sun felt lovely despite it being quite cold. 

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos!!! They really capture the power of that lake - I was amazed that it is only a lake - I truly thought it looked like the sea when I visited!!! I met the most wonderful people walking the shores of that lake! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! They really are quite big. Sometimes when the waves are crashing it is certainly more like the sea than a lake!

      Delete
  2. Many congratulations to your niece - babies arriving are such happy events. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that ice arch makes our thick frost look like nothing. We seldom get much snow and it causes chaos when it does arrive. Congratulations on the new arrival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really quite magnificent. It's one of the things I do like about winter. I don't have to drive in it and husband is quite used to it.

      Delete
  4. Your pics are always amazing. The pic of the ship has come out really well, and the ice arch looks amazing. I wonder how it formed.

    Congratulations on your new great niece. That's wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It shall be later in the year until I can see the new baby but it's such good news.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the new addition to the family.

    Your ice photos are great, especially the ice arch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many congratulations to your sister and niece on the birth of baby Odin.

    The photo with the ship is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! We are so glad there is some good news to start off the year!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations to your family on the new addition! Glad you have the day off from having to go to Jane's. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoyed the day off - I must admit.

      Delete
  8. Oh congratulations to her and your family. That is a good size baby! If I were to just look at those pictures, I would think they were taken in North Sea or something, maybe even Norway! That ship one especially! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.