Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Start of a New Week

 Yesterday we were back at Jane's again. It's coming along but I don't think either of us has a lot of enthusiasm left. It just seems a lot. I think we will be glad when it is done.

Today I had a list of things that I wanted to get accomplished. I almost got distracted - well, to be honest I was distracted for a little while, but I got back on track and got quite a bit done. I started a box for donation - I put in some decorative pieces that I've held onto for too long.  It's time to let them go and make space for different things. This shelf was filled with dusty knick-knacks with odds and ends stuck up on it. I cleared it off, cleaned it and put up some things that were elsewhere.  I quite like it. There is so much more to do but you have to start somewhere, right? 

.

I sorted through some books too. I have so many. I was doing so good, sorting and donating books and then, well, life happened. Buying books - not necessarily new ones - is my go-to thing to buy when I'm feeling down and there was a lot of that last year. I have a lot of books to read! I was so tempted to buy a new one that came out today but I am obviously overwhelmed with books and on a tight budget (though I do have Christmas money - holding onto that just in case something comes up). 

Tomorrow is back to Jane's so not a lot at my house will get done. 

I have a catch-up to do on my photo-a-day. I have been taking them so that's the main thing!


10/365
On my walk today I saw that they had put up a new winter information board and it has one of my photos on it (the middle one). A Good thing to smile at!


11/365

Not exactly a success, but it made me smile to try! I managed to get the bubbles to freeze somewhat. Then it started to warm up. Sigh. 

On a side note this was what has me distracted. I was trying to work out the best way to get them to freeze and not get popped by the wind. I think it works best on my front porch. It's not supposed to be cold enough to try again until the weekend. I do have to work out the best way to get them lit up so the patterns show well. 

13 comments:

  1. Is it possible to work on Jane's house twice a week, instead? Or would that just cause things to drag on for too long?

    I like your display shelf. Very cute!

    How lovely that they used one of your photos on the information board! That would definitely make me smile! :) And the photo of the frozen bubbles in the glass globe is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're trying to keep it regular so that we don't stop! We both have moments of feeling overwhelmed, but we really just want to get it done. There seems so much left. I think we will try to do some weeks when we have less days. I think we both need a break now and then.

      Delete
  2. I think getting started is the hardest thing - one the task has begin, it flows more easily. The second hardest is this last, annoying, frustrating little niggly bits when you're fed up with it all and think 'Oh, just shove it away somewhere'. I'm terrible at that!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guilty of putting things somewhere else. I am plugging along with small bits on my house while doing Jane's. Maybe once we are done with hers I'll be a bit more brutal and get more done at one time. I want a nice clean space with clear spaces. That's the goal!

      Delete
  3. The shelf looks great. And take the win - you have done more than nothing. I can't imagine how intricate it would be to get the bubble freezing, I have so much respect and the picture is beautiful. I am slowly switching over to ebooks. It saves shelf space and I read on my phone. It's not to everyone's taste, but it helps me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do have some ebooks, but sometimes I like the feel of a book and curling up with it in my chair. I am actually guilty of having both 'real' book and ebook copies of the same books. Groan. I should probably get rid of all the books I do have ebooks for.

      Delete
  4. That is awesome about your photo, I always liked that one. Also, I love the bubble picture! I may have to try that, but I can wait....I'd rather not have the sub zero...wink, wink. Yes, that's my life, when I work cleaning other's homes mine is neglected....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to try but it has to be really cold and not windy! I'm not sure I could do your job. There are treasures but so many things! Perhaps it's just because this is a relative's home.

      Delete
  5. I donated nearly 100 books last year and felt much better for it. Tony has plenty he could get rid of as he never even glances at them. I've banned myself from buying books this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! That is a lot of books. I probably did that many in 2020 but fell off last year. Yikes. I'm not sure I could go a whole year without buying a book.

      Delete
  6. I really like your frozen bubble attempt. It's on my list to try but rarely get the right conditions for it. Congratulation on making the information board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to get them to freeze unless it's really, really cold and then sometimes it's too cold to be outside for long. It's supposed to get down to about -11C this weekend so I might try again.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.