Pages

Friday, January 14, 2022

It's Friday

 Day didn't start off great. I didn't sleep too well. I wasn't feeling the best last night and yesterday was not as productive as I hoped. 

It's been almost a year since Mum got Covid and everything changed. It's been on my mind a bit lately. My sister messaged this morning and said that she got an offer on Mum's flat and she had accepted the offer. It's now a matter of the surveys and such and then the flat will be gone. It's quite sad. Mum had a lot of good years in there. My sister said the buyer was a guy who was a first time buyer and he is quite excited. We're hoping he enjoys the flat as much as Mum did. It is sad to let it go though. I know it's just a place and we carry the memories, but still. Sigh. I also feel bad that I can't be there to help my sister. She's been going over there a couple of times a week so I know this will be hard on her. 

I cried a little on my morning walk. It was a good thing it was quiet and not many people were around!

MIL and I went over to Jane's again today. MIL's cousin came over to take the last of the genealogy that she's interested in. She has taken at least a whole five shelved bookself full of folders/binders. I am so pleased that a lot of Jane's research is going to someone who appreciates it. She seemed so excited to be able to take it! She extended an offer to help us if we needed it. So once we're a bit further along and packing things up for the sale we might take it up on her!

When I came home I got the cupboard sorted that I meant to do yesterday. I chose to donate several items and my box is full so I am ready to start another! On a roll I went up to my (messy) craft room and managed to pull out a bunch of things I am willing to donate and another bunch I would like to sell. 

I did manage to also use up a craft kit I've had for a while - a card making kit. It makes two of each design. It was quite easy to do though I don't think I would have paid the full price for it! The original price was $15. It did come with everything needed except something to cut with and some adhesive. There were some good instructions with it too. 







They turned out quite nicely I think. I've added them to my card box. 

My 365 photo a day project is coming along nicely though today was a bit of a struggle. 

13/365

Mini Mince Pies. Yes, I know Christmas is over. We had a lot of food over Christmas and I saved this box of mini mince pies. So yesterday I had some with cream. I ate them thinking of Mum as I know we would have had a good laugh when I shared with her that I still had some after Christmas!


14/365

I wasn't feeling too smiley today but while over at Jane's I was looking at her treasures and came across this wonderful little figure with his camera. It is a Hummel piece and had W. Germany printed on the back. It just made me smile. 


Hopefully we'll have some sun tomorrow and a car ride out!


10 comments:

  1. A lot has happened in a year, hasn't it? Selling your Mum's flat will close yet another chapter, but, I'm sure it makes it feel even more final. I hope the sale goes through without any complications.

    Your new cards are beautiful! Well done on all the decluttering you've done! I am finding it hard to get motivated to declutter, this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think going to Jane's helps keep me motivated. I don't want someone to have to go all through my things.

      Delete
  2. My friend felt the same way when she sold her mum's flat. I think it kind of finalised everything for her. Those mince pies look lovely, I bet they were a nice treat.We still have a couple of boxes to get through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly the end of an era. Sigh.

      The mince pies were lovely. At Christmas there was so much to eat. I wanted to just take the time to enjoy them.

      Delete
  3. I had so many Christmas cookies left, so I froze them. I forgot, but my husband did not, he and I shared a few more and then we added them to the "chicken bucket" - they loved them. Yes, that Hummel is very nice! I hope for some sun as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always a lot of Christmas food. Luckily these last for quite a while. I bet the chickens did love them!

      Delete
  4. Sending lots of hugs. It's so hard, sending loads of good vibes.

    Those cards look awesome, and that little figure is so cute and so perfect for you with his camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane certainly had some beautiful things. I'm glad that someone in the family is taking over her genealogy research and genealogy books - I do wonder what will happen to mine when I'm gone.

    I hope you enjoyed those mince pies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad she is taking the genealogy. She seems to be well organised and is documenting a lot of it on Ancestry so that it can be shared with others. Jane did such a lot of work. Are you in touch with other family members who perhaps might be interested?

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.