Pages

Friday, March 8, 2024

It's the End of Another Week

Time really is just flying by! Still no sunshine here. Today it rained most of the day. I had a dentist appointment first thing, and you know how much I like them! It went so-so. No work has to be done, but apparently my gums are not looking as good as they have in the past. The hygienist was talking about having me come back in four months instead of six, but it's smack bang in the middle of summer and I don't have all the plans finalised yet. Also, I'm not sure my insurance will pay for that. I haven't been as diligent as I should - long story - so I told her I'd rather stick to the six months and see if things were okay by then. She hadn't seen anything last time that caused alarm with my gums so I'm just assuming it's been all that's going on and not doing things as I should. Sigh. At least no work done! So I'm putting it behind me and going forward. 

After the appointment I ran a couple of errands and then came home and caught up on the rest of the washing. In the afternoon I messaged with sister. It's Mother's Day in England on Sunday. A day I dread each year since losing Mum. Sister is going to Mum's bench on Sunday and will take some flowers from me. I miss her. A lot. 

I'm moving forward with house things. It's very overwhelming, but I'm trying to focus on little things and keep going. I was really happy to read - in an email - that the library is now accepting donations without an appointment so perhaps I'll be able to load up the car and take them to drop off there. I used to always donate my books there and then they changed their donation rules once Covid hit and it's taken them this long to go back to the original. 

Phone Photos - Things That Make Me Smile 67/366 



It was as cold as heck sitting on one of the downed beaver trees and there was no sunshine, but it was lovely just sitting there listening to the birds all around me. I have missed that! Made me smile. 


68/366



These little gift bags made me smile. They were at the dollar store (1.25 store lol). There are two in the pack. I picked them up to send one to Granddaughter with a little money (well, an IOU I'll fulfill when we visit as I don't want to send cash) for Easter. She doesn't really need anything, but daughter and son-in-law are starting a bank account for her, and I'd like to add a little to it each holiday so maybe when she's older she'll have a nice little bit. 

Hope everyone had a good week. Do you have plans for the weekend? 

10 comments:

  1. Those little gift bags are so cute. People are really creative aren't they. Cold here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a good idea to start a savings account for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. I wish we had done that for our children. It would have been so much better for them than all the toys they forgot about after a while!

      Delete
  3. That is such a good idea to start a bank account for your little one and a perfect way to gift.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good news that the library is accepting book donations, again. It looks very peaceful in the photo of the lake with what looks like a continuation of the beaver dam or lodge. The gift bags look cute, too, and how wonderful that your granddaughter will have a bank account started for her!
    My daughter is home for the week and I am enjoying having her home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the library is accepting them again. I like giving the books to them better as they resell them and the money used goes to library programs. I hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter.

      Delete
  5. I'm wondering if you're missing your grand daughter? House stuff will always be there, so no worries if you don't get something done one day, there's always another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am missing my granddaughter. I did see her via video chat, but it's not the same as the in-person cuddles. I am counting down the weeks until I see her again!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.